Drooling Over Cadets' Opener

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it funny how in almost every single thread that has ever been created on DCP, it ends up being completely off topic and results in bashing of other corps and each other. I loved the recording, I'll have to listen to some more stuff by this composer. Does anyone have any recommendations for other great stuff the composer's done?

I'm not much of a fan. I'm very rarely impressed by any of Nelhybel's stuff. I played Festivo in middle school band....meh.

The Cascades rendition of Allegro Impetuoso, however (which is my favorite piece of his), was my favorite part of any show in 2004. Loved it.

If you want to hear Malaguena again, go pop in a recording.

There is so much music out there, it's a disgrace to still live in the past.

Yup....I agree that playing stuff that sounds the same over and over (AKA Wind Ensemble pieces) is a disgrace. How many have we had in the past 5 years ??? Anyone want to take a stab ?

Different strokes for different folks......I would rather hear a fresh Malaguena then another version of "Ride" (aka Bluecoats, Colts)

Triple Forte

That opener sounds really good and REALLY DIFFICULT!!! Can't wait to see when everything is put together. Good job Cadets!! ^OO^

Edited by gbell211

Can't wait to hear more. I hope the rest of the music stays hardcore except for a powerful ballad!

Powerful Ballads is a constant in which Cadets ..never suprise me with. They are one of the Best Ballad corps around. for me they are the best in many a recent year

Edited by Zeke

Holy Low Brass Batman!!! I like this alot and I hope the strong low brass presence translates onto the field.

So I guess this means the winner of the contest has been announced.

Powerful Ballads is a constant in which Cadets ..never suprise me with. They are one of the Best Ballad corps around. for me they are the best in many a recent year

Like my favorite ballad of all time....."Canterbury Chorale 'Stonehenge 98'" This brings me to tears almost everytime I hear or watch it on the DVD. I hope The Cadets have something like that.