Phantom 2005 -- "Rhapsody"

Many people think having the 06 recordings is worthless anyway.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I beg to differ, I have the live at Sinnissippi Park cd, and can't get enough of the recording.

I beg to differ, I have the live at Sinnissippi Park cd, and can't get enough of the recording.

He might be referring to the fact that the 06 "official" recordings are a little soft (especially compared to disc 2). However, yes, the Sinnissippi Park recording pwns. :)

Yes - I did mean the official recordings. The worst since 95

In 2005, the Phantom Regiment got (by far) the loudest audience response of the night. I know - I was sitting in the press box on the back sideline.

As far as I can tell, 2005 PR is one of the most popular shows in recent years (like SCV '04). Not sure what gave you the idea that people didn't love them.

Trust me, they did.

In 2005, the Phantom Regiment got (by far) the loudest audience response of the night. I know - I was sitting in the press box on the back sideline.

As far as I can tell, 2005 PR is one of the most popular shows in recent years (like SCV '04). Not sure what gave you the idea that people didn't love them.

I remember it getting a lot of praise at the time, but that the show has been notably absent in the recent "Your favorite whatever" lists. I was just curious.

I liked '05 more '06. In fact, I don't even have a recording of the '06 show...

Likewise. Aside from the ballad in 06, I really don't like it that much. I especially didn't like the treatment of the Mahler at the end, just seemed anti-climactic to me. They sure moved a hell of a lot better than they have in past years though.

It isn't one of my favorite Regiment shows, but they played and marched the heck out of it.

He might be referring to the fact that the 06 "official" recordings are a little soft (especially compared to disc 2). However, yes, the Sinnissippi Park recording pwns. :)

What part of the season is that recording from?

I liked '05 more '06.

Same here.

I'd watch '05 over '06 any day. Saw Faust four times last year and never once wanted to see it again - no offense to PR, my favorite corps. I'm sure the show was executed brilliantly - just not my style and I'm at a loss to explain why.

As for '05, maybe it wasn't as ambitious or as classic as '06. But I play it all the time if only to hear that wonderous Kentonesque chord. Drum corps can always use more Kenton chords.

HH