Tough Corps vs. Crazy Corps

I remember 1980 olympics. 27th Lancers did the opening ceremonies. It was mind-blowing that drum corps was on network TV then. It doesn't seem as impressive nowadays with the ESPN2 thing, but back then...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<-------------taught a summer band camp in the snow once...........wish I could do drum corps in the snow...that would be fun............for about 10 minutes!

Well, next Chops camp will be the first weekend in February. Come on out, kiddo! Rehearse with your corps! I'm sure there will be snow a-plenty... :D

I remember 1980 olympics. 27th Lancers did the opening ceremonies. It was mind-blowing that drum corps was on network TV then. It doesn't seem as impressive nowadays with the ESPN2 thing, but back then...

I don't know. I would probably get so excited that I would dribble in my pants apon seeing a corps at the olympics. I can remember seeing Cadets in Atlanta in 96'. Closing ceremonies I believe. Can remember seeing Troop and SCV in Rose Bowl as well.

We will join in on the craziness Feb 3rd for the Winter Carnival Parade :)

I want to march...I havent done a St. Paul Winter Carnival parade in 30's years! B)

I'm wondering which is crazier?

Snow? Or marching in weather so hot your shoes melt.

I would say hats off to you guys for marching in the snow. But, I'm bald and therefore treasure all of my hats.

I've always admired you guys, but now your MY HEROES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That deserves a big drum corps :blink::blink::blink::blink::blink: !!!!!!

Sure Sure the Govies were working out in the cold and Amber was having a drink in Newark. Keep up the hard work Govies. It looks like that in upstate New York , but I'm not marching, but I'ld enjoy seeing a Corps go down my street.

Sure Sure the Govies were working out in the cold and Amber was having a drink in Newark. Keep up the hard work Govies. It looks like that in upstate New York , but I'm not marching, but I'ld enjoy seeing a Corps go down my street.

SHHHHHHHH....... You weren't supposed to tell them :) Actually, I was in attendance at this rehearsal for a few hours but did miss the outdoors part!

I will be freezing my bumm off with the rest of the corps next time!