Tough Corps vs. Crazy Corps

Being a Govenaire is never an easy task, but this is ridiculous:

SnowBank3.gif

SnowBank4.gif

DrumLine.gif

TheLogo.gif

Looks a lot like Johnson County, KS at the moment. Snows not as high but everything is snow covered and frozen.

Edited by Kansan

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nate's playing Mellophone this year? I wish both Nate and Bethany luck. They'll do well for the Govies, I'm sure.

No, he's on trumprano. He's in the front of the line there tan jacket - you can't see his horn. We're pleased as pie to have him around.

Yamaha Tubas - Super Sweet. :angry:

Chrome Tubas - Better than nothing at all.

Not to take away from that, but that's nothing compared to corps from Canada. A major source of fundraising is marching in Christmas parades, sometimes up to three a day.

Your pictures look like a cakewalk compared to some of the horrendous conditions I've marched in. :)

Corps looks great, though!

Haha. I was wondering how long it would take to get a: "Oh yeah, when I was kid, I had to ........" response. Too funny. :P

Best wishes for a great season Govies. It's a balmy 40 degrees and partly cloudy outside my window today.

I am going to confess. Our snow is not that deep either. Those are snow banks made from the plows. I purposely posted all the pictures that look like we're drowning in snow. We actually only have about a foot of snow at the moment and didn't have any snow till mid-January. The temperature for that day was about 25 degress (that's Farenheit for you Canadians). And as Amber pointed out, we were reheasing for a parade we're doing in two weeks in St Paul (Winter Carnival).

I believe those are brand new Yamaha BBb's are they not? Nice horns very dark sound. Cabs line is yamaha. Great Choice

Yeah, I played on them for some auditions. Can't complain. If I ever went to a corps with Bb horns (which I may never anytime soon), I'd want to play one of those. But not those prototypes the cavies have that weigh 13 lbs. I want a meaty horn!

you didn't see the part where we marched up hill both ways, eh?

Wow and I thought those early spring rehearsals on Treasure Island were cold!!!

Why in the 1980 Olympics opening ceremony ... blah blah blah... with an injured bass drummer on my back ...blah blah... :P

Seriously, you folks should try gluing sandpaper to the bottoms of your corps shoes. Helps prevent slipping on the ice! Good luck in the parade!!