Drum Corps Quillows!

Vanguard Contra

You might be asking yourself, "What the heck is a quillow?" Well, a quillow is a quilt that folds into a pillow! My mother made one for me last year and i'll tell you...it was probably the best thing I took on tour (except for soap and deoderant)!! When it's cold on that long, long bus ride, just unfold it and you have yourself a blanket to keep you warm! Then when you're about to bed down, just fold it back up and you're ready to hit the sack!

I think there's others out there that would like something like this for their drum corps friends and family. For $35, she can make it any way you want! All she needs is a photo of your corps' logo (which I could probably find on the internet somewhere) and the colors you would like on the front and back of the blanket, behind the logo, and border around the pillow. It measures to about 72" by 45".

If anyone's interested, feel free to email me (scv_contra@yahoo.com) or post here and I will get back to you! A portion of the money will go toward my tour fee for the summer (I'm struggling for money!)

Thanks!

Brad

p.s. Here's a photo of what mine looks like w/ my corps jacket.

18923425.jpg

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can also add past or present tour shirts on to the inside of the quillow to add a bit of memories for the current or past marching member. That is a little special treat. I purchased 1 of thses quillows for each of the 3 age outs in the SCV contra section last year. A little different from the one shown (there was a black background instead of the white) They all loved it and was something that they appreciated greatly! I sure do love mine!! This is a great gift idea and I hope that you and/or yours enjoy them as much as I do!

I just wanted to give everyone an update on how everything is going...and its going great! We've recieved some orders from people all over the drum corps world including The Cadets, SCV, BD, Crossmen, and Mandarins! Thanks for all the interest and hopefully it keeps on coming!

Now the bad news...we had to raise the price to $50. The raise is mostly due to the labor it takes, but the good thing is that the shipping is included in that price.

I've also had some inquiries in regards to embroidery. After consulting the "artistic director", she says that she should be able to do it. So names, slogans, initials, "ELEVEN!!!", "SPLOOIE!!!", etc. can be added at no additional charge!

Once the first quillow is done (Cadets), I'll get a pic of it up here so everyone can see!

Thanks again,

Brad

Thanks for all the interest and hopefully it keeps on coming!

Oooh, I want one. Can she make a PR quillow? $50 is cool with me...good cause and all. :) Is there a waiting list? If so, put me on it.

very cool! I just sent you a personal email asking for more details. My wife thought it was a great idea.

Brad, those are AWESOME !

I hope my BK one comes out just as sweet!

And here is the second quillow off the line, requested by an old Phantom Regiment member. As you can see, this is the vintage cheveron logo from wayyy back when. What do you think?

19616434.jpg

Dude, is that mine? That's awesome!!! :) I'm completely impressed!