Profanity/Vulgarity/Word Filter/Circumvention Guideline

Great idea ... I think we should try that. Since consistency is important, we should agree.

I propose that, henceforth, all possibly-offensive terms should be replaced with the word "Hasselhoff" as in:

What the Hasselhoff?

That was Hasselhoffing funny.

I don't give a rat's Hasselhoff about woodwinds.

That Hasselhoffs rocks, dude.

Oh, my Hasselhoff ...

Electronics my Hasselhoff!

I laughed my Hasselhoffing Hasselhoff off!

Now, in addition to the solving the issue, my proposed solution is guaranteed to make the DCP Community even more popular in Germany.

It was tried. See how well its working now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so i can get #### banned just for #### typing in #'s? what a bunch of #################### ...

i think some people are just a little too ### ##### ## # # # # ### #### ## # # # # # # # # # ######################## ####### ######### ### # # # ## ### ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ##### power #### happy.

deadhorse.gif

• 2 months later...

I don't ever remember it being in the filters.

• 1 month later...

Lisa,

As I'm sure you well know - DCP does not solicit nor directly control the content of the Google Adsense banners, so I'm not sure what you're trying to insinuate. The advertisers in that space are solicited, placed, and managed Google, who tag the banner as being theirs. In those cases where I have seen content that is inappropriate for our site, I have barred that advertiser's banner/information from being included in the Google space ... and foregoing whatever revenue that may be associated. For the record, I have and will continue to turn-away sponsors/advertisers (read $$'s) that are not 'compatible' with this community.

I'm happy to discuss a replacement sponsorship for that space on the page with you, if you're interested.

Thanks!

-john