Language use on DCP

JohnD

Then for those of you for who this is so vague, take John's advice and email him for further clarification.

I was banned for a PM, so be careful.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't you ever play "mother, may I?"

it's not a question of whether or not you CAN -- certainly you're capable and CAN curse... but to participate her, you need permission.. asking permission usually means asking, "may I?"

The answer to that question here at DCP is "No, you may not."

Why is this so difficult to understand?

Stef

But see, You added NO. That is defined. May not? NO. You may not !

I was banned for a PM, so be careful.

I don't have to be careful - all I'm doing is reiterating John's statement. You can take my advice or ignore it - that's up to you.

I don't have to be careful - all I'm doing is reiterating John's statement. You can take my advice or ignore it - that's up to you.

That is what I am saying. I did take the advice. I PMed and was banned for saying twit. Those are the facts. Ask John himself. I am just saying be careful. My culture does not see Twit as being an insult or obscene. It is used in jest. I have covered this many times. So it is covered in this thread via the title. I could post many things on here that Many feel is vulgar, but in America is not. I have even apologized to the person I posted it to. I don't want to make anyone mad at me. But they will not comment. And he is on the Senior forum support team.

Edited by Jimisback

Okay... while I don't wish to get in a sparring match over the word twit, based on my personal experience with the word, it can be used as a joke or it can be used as an insult. It depends on the wording around it and the demeanor of the person using it.

Just saying.

Personal attacks in PM are a violation of community guidelines. Like John said, and like several FST members have said, after reading this, if you have any questions about the language policy (what this thread is actually about), take him up on his offer.

Personal attacks in PM are a violation of community guidelines. Like John said, and like several FST members have said, after reading this, if you have any questions about the language policy (what this thread is actually about), take him up on his offer.

Done. :)

Put it this way, if someone sexually harrasses a person, they don't go on the intent of what the person did, but how the other person felt. Get over the fact that you were banned for using the word twit. If a person felt attacked, then you attacked them. Next time use a better word then it so there is NO confusion as to the fact that it was in jest.

Rant off

If a person feels attacked then they were attacked??????????? OK........ See that is why people are so up in arms about this. I feel attacked by that comment you just made. So a person bumps agains another and sexual harassment is charged. GET OVER IT, it is about how they felt, Not what happened or meant? Got ye.!! Thanks.