The wonders of drum corps

Once we had a limited number of tubas (the new ones hadn't come in yet) so we passed around 2 sousaphones switching during every break. It was essentially a game of hot potato with the worlds biggest potato.

I remember that camp ... I thing I had the Sousaphone the most time that camp ... and durring ensemble that day too ... I remember it was the camp in some place down closer to Philly and it began with a C ... ugh I cant remember the name of it though.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Gene,

You're right Gene, :drool: I didn't notice the plug-in glare coming from their feet before I posted.... :music:

Pgh Guy

John G

LOL :P Miss you and your Bari at TBIRDS rehearsal. I wish the best to you and STEEL CITY AMBASSADORS MiniCorps at Serenade In Brass. May plans are to be there. Say "HI" to Riggie for me. Oh ya.....Is Riggie doing Minicorps?

mine was plugged in

I concur Mike. Maybe the title of the thread should be "the wonders of bandcorps". Oops, excuse me, I maybe suspended or ,heaven forbid, banned for not posting what Smoothy and and the rest of DCP wants to hear. So I will post this instead: Cool, man, really hip

Annie

PS Soon to be moving to the great state of Minnesota.

Big deal - I was suspended (banned?) 2 years ago for similar sentiments about the direction of "drum corps". Apparently opinions that differ from the agenda of DCA/DCI are no longer permitted?

"Band Corps" is actually a great analogy. Tubas/Sousaphones are BAND instruments - not Bugles. In fact in my opinionated mind, ANY Bb instrument is a band instrument. Bugles should be keyed in G.

Anything else is just a trumpet/trombone/euph/etc ....

That's nothing. I just witnessed the future of Drum Corps on the Super Bowl pre-pre game show. I'm sure Hoppy was busy taking notes :drool:

LOL :P Miss you and your Bari at TBIRDS rehearsal. I wish the best to you and STEEL CITY AMBASSADORS MiniCorps at Serenade In Brass. May plans are to be there. Say "HI" to Riggie for me. Oh ya.....Is Riggie doing Minicorps?

Yes he is, and sport'n a 3 valve Dynasty sop at the last rehearsal.

First pictures of the new tubas. Enjoy!

sousaphone1.gif

sousaphone2.gif

...took a visit to Govies this weekend. Gotta say that I'm glad the tuba line was playing on their shiny new Yamaha horns when they blew down 'Love for Sale'. Can't imagine what fluffy sounds the "Fiberglass Wonders" would have contributed to the ensemble sound.....ewwww!!

Had a great time....met great people......spent time at a true drum corps bar, Patrick's. Oh, had a really good breakfast at Hermie's Bait Shop, Bar 'n Grill. B)

Jerry

...took a visit to Govies this weekend. Gotta say that I'm glad the tuba line was playing on their shiny new Yamaha horns when they blew down 'Love for Sale'. Can't imagine what fluffy sounds the "Fiberglass Wonders" would have contributed to the ensemble sound.....ewwww!!

Had a great time....met great people......spent time at a true drum corps bar, Patrick's. Oh, had a really good breakfast at Hermie's Bait Shop, Bar 'n Grill. B)

Jerry

It was great hosting the Bucs Admin staff (Jerry, Lou, and Jimmy)!!!! Sorry about the cold temps, next time I hope the weather is atleast above Zero :)

It was our pleasure sharing our success info!

You really don't know how much the Open class and Class A members have in common until you have dinner together and the stories are exchanged! Hmmm, sounds like we are all "Un-Normal" people as we call ourselves :)

We will always remember your visit when we walk by the Buc's license plate on the wall at Patrick's :)

Jerry

Those aren't tubas...they're...Sousaphones! :sshh: run!

Glad you guys had fun visiting the frozen tundra of Minnesota. Amber, don't apologize for the weather. This is true Minnesota!!!