2004 and 2007 Cavaliers

What were/are your predictions on these two shows  

149 members have voted

1. 1. Before the season started, did you think their 007 show would do well?

• Yes, I though they would win.
    • Pretty much, I though they would get 2nd or 3rd
    • Not really, I thought they would finish 4th or 5th
    • No. I was thinking "Firebird part dos", 6th or below.
  2. 2. How do you think the Cavies will fare this year?

• Great. I think they'll win.
    • Pretty good. Definately in the top 3.
    • Alright. Top 5
    • Meh, I'm seeing them 6th or below

I'll say it now. The Cavies won't be out of the top 3 this year.

As for the poll questions, upon hearing about their 04 show, I figured they'd be top 3. Same thing with this year. I'm just glad it's going to be less original composition than over the past several years (I hope, that is. :)).

I'm glad they're not doing some kind of modern Cavalier show.

2000, 2001, 2002, 2003 and 2006 Seem so similar. If they had a show that was named "Kinetics" or something like that. I would kind of say, here we go again...

I skip the poll as I can't really tie my thought process to the placings as you suggest. I have no doubt they will be outstanding, but that could still place them out of the top 2.

I was very excited about the Bond show and expected it to be a very fun show.

I'm more skeptical about a Billy Joel program. We'll see...

However, my skepticism of whether or not I will like it doesn't translate to my expectations regarding placement. I think it is highly likely they will be one of the 2 best drum corps on the planet this summer and certainly one of the 5 best.

2000, 2001, 2002, 2003 and 2006 Seem so similar. If they had a show that was named "Kinetics" or something like that. I would kind of say, here we go again...

I don't even know where to begin. You amaze me in your....I don't even know how to describe it.

The 2007 show WILL be a modern Cavalier show. It will have highly effective drill, music with a catchy tune at some point (or many), with a highly integrated color guard.

Anything less would be disappointing.

I don't even know where to begin. You amaze me in your....I don't even know how to describe it.

The 2007 show WILL be a modern Cavalier show. It will have highly effective drill, music with a catchy tune at some point (or many), with a highly integrated color guard.

*shrugs* I share Apocalypse's sentiment.

Of their shows from 2000-2006, I've really only enjoyed 2004. I just don't seem to find the music very enjoyable in the other years. The horns are great the drums are great the drill is great (even though almost all the drill is some form of ripple), but the musical program out of the top 6 has, for me, been consistently bland and lack luster. Not a lot of moving lines or runs for me to really sink the teeth of my ears into.

But that is just me.