"Blue Shades" Added to Cadets 2007 Show

<santa> :lol::lol:- :doh:

In that...the Cadets haunted by previous 80's.

Horse flash!

bawkrider HEAH! :doh: ^_^ :doh:

:lol:-

You know - I may be really weird, but I kinda miss that guy.....

i don't see a reason why it can't be epic on a 1998 level.

I see one glaring reason: the narration. I'm sorry, but a show that uses narration in between its pieces will never, ever be considered anywhere close to the giants of Cadets 1985, 1987, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1998, and 2000 in my book. Not even close. And it's just because of the narration. :(

I see one glaring reason: the narration. I'm sorry, but a show that uses narration in between its pieces will never, ever be considered anywhere close to the giants of Cadets 1985, 1987, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1998, and 2000 in my book. Not even close. And it's just because of the narration. :(

Really? Narration ruins a show for you...wow i had no clue

...this said slightly tongue in cheek, but not really

Really? Narration ruins a show for you...wow i had no clue

...this said slightly tongue in cheek, but not really

It doesn't always ruin it. But in every case it does make the show much, much worse than it could be without it, in a sense "ruining" it or at least destroying it. A show with narration will never be a true drum corps show to me.

It doesn't always ruin it. But in every case it does make the show much, much worse than it could be without it, in a sense "ruining" it or at least destroying it. A show with narration will never be a true drum corps show to me.

I guess Benjamin Britten's Young persons guide to the Orchestra isn't a true orchestral piece. Nor is Prokafiev's Peter and the wolf. Honestly, I've never seen anyone more closed minded in my life

Edited by BST07

Actually he didn't say that. You're attempting to transpose his tastes in one genre of music to all forms of music. Why don't you go ahead and let him speak about his views of Young Person's Guide or Peter and the Wolf before you put words in his mouth.

I guess Benjamin Britten's Young persons guide to the Orchestra isn't a true orchestral piece. Nor is Prokafiev's Peter and the wolf. Honestly, I've never seen anyone more closed minded in my life

In my opinion, both Benjamin Britten's Young Person's Guide to the Orchestra and Peter and the Wolf are true orchestral pieces. I said nothing about these pieces in my previous statements.

I admit that I am closed minded to the inclusion of narration in drum and bugle corps. With every new brass or percussion musical or visual idea, I have an extremely open minded, but I will admit that my mind is completely shut when it comes to amplified vocals in drum corps. Why this is considered a bad thing, I'll never know. I never want to see amplified vocals in a drum corps show. Ever.

Edited by Hrothgar15

Where did the topic of Blue Shades go?

Go flood some narration related topic about this garbage. This is about Blue Shades.

Just so you know, the narration in both of these pieces is completely optional, and I have heard both performed by various major orchestras without it.

I can't wait to hear The Cadets pla Blue Shades... I'm getting more and more excited of this show by the day.

~>conner