ISO Iron Cross history

I was wondering if anybody heard of a corps named the Iron Cross somewhere from PA. I had a buddy who marched with them in the mid 70's and he actually turned me on to drum corps. Where were they from, any staff member info, years of existence etc.. would be appreciated.

I believe (at one time, at least) they were a feeder for Bones. If I'm not mistaken, they also had one of the all-time lowest scoring units in DCI. I'm sure my Eastern brothers and sisters can hip us to the jive, so take it away, kidz...

I believe that they received a final score of 12.05 at DCI prelims in 1979. (I may be wrong, if I am, my apologies)

I was wondering if anybody heard of a corps named the Iron Cross somewhere from PA. I had a buddy who marched with them in the mid 70's and he actually turned me on to drum corps. Where were they from, any staff member info, years of existence etc.. would be appreciated.

The corps was our feeder corps.

Here's a write up that was in our 1980 Crossmen Yearbook about Iron Cross;

"This year saw the Iron Cross undertake an expanded tour schedule. The corps appeared at U.S. Open in Marion, Ohio. American International in Butler, PA. as well as D.C.I. Eastern Regionals in Allentown, PA and D.C>I> Class A in Birmingham, Alabama.

The corps instructional staff includes;

Mike Heckman - Brass

Pat Pierantozzi - Brass

Maureen Reppert - Brass

Steve Gillespie - Percussion

Barry Surkin - Percussion

Jean Heckman - Color Guard

Sam Bradford - Drill

Eric Kitchenman - Drill

The corps was directed by Terry Reppert."

IronCross1.jpg

IronCross2.jpg

• 15 years later...

Wow! Blast from my past! I was a member of Iron Cross for years. Good times! We did Halloween parade in Hartford, CT that sticks in my memory! I played the mellophone. We practiced at the American Legion post 507 in Norwood,PA. We also used Boeing’s parking lot in Essington, PA . We then ended up at Ridley Park fire house. That is my last memory. The Crossmen were born from the “first corp” out of post 507, The 507 Hornets. I don’t know what year the name was changed. My older sister was a member of both Hornets and Crossmen. She played the triples. 

• 6 months later...
On 2/11/2007 at 1:41 PM, bstar82 said:

• 1 year later...