Best Polish for Silver Brass Instruments

WoobieATL

Man, my Euph has been sitting in it's gig bag for about 5 years..............I know it's tarnished to ####, any techniques to bring it back to glory? What product would you use? Thanks guys!

BTW - It's a Willson Euphonium.

I've started using Silvo (from the makers of Brasso) on my concert horn. Wright's was a little tough on the finish, but Silvo seems to be a little easier on it.

Thanks guys!

Tarnishield from 3M... on my indoor horns can last 5 years between polish sessions, for my bugles can last 2-3 seasons. At worst all I need to do is rub a cloth over any water spotting around the water keys.

This polish is recommended by Schilke as the only polish to use.

Randy

it's a bu(G)le, not a bu(Bb)le

Posted on Jan 29 2003, 04:06 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tarnishield from 3M... on my indoor horns can last 5 years between polish sessions, for my bugles can last 2-3 seasons. At worst all I need to do is rub a cloth over any water spotting around the water keys.

This polish is recommended by Schilke as the only polish to use.

Randy

What he said. I've been using it for 20+ years and it is great. However I don't use it on my mouthpieces, the "tarnishshield" it leaves on the silver feels funky on my chops.

• 3 months later...
Wrights is easy to use, put it on and wash it off, dry horn with towel, style hair in finish....

Yeah...what he said!

Me too. I need to give "the beast "a bath and a polish soon. Thanks for the reminder. It's always horrifying what comes out of there. Icky bad!

:P