Blue Shades ~ Cadets Recording on YEA.org

http://68.178.170.15/cadetsaudio07/207/index.html

Pretty crazy horn book from what I can tell. Great Arrangement

Edited by ApocalypseTissue

YES!!! That is awesome! Who needs narration?!!!

:P :worthy: :P

definately a nice change from their *cough* recent stuff...sounds like a Cadets treatment to a great piece...in other words, SCV did such a great job, it's nice that a group is taking their own approach (unlike the marching bands I've heard). Hopefully this is a step in the right direction for the Cadets, guess we'll have to wait and see how many *other things* are in store.

YES!!! That is awesome! Who needs narration?!!!

Didn't you hear....without it drum corps will fade and die!!! :worthy:

Bocook's arrangement >>>>>>>>>>>> Saucedo's arrangement

Question though: does Saucedo not arrange to his fullest potential for Spirit because they're not the Cavaliers and they don't pay him as much? Or was Spirit's Blue Shades arrangement (no offense to the corps, that was one of the best shows of '06) the best he could do?

• Like 1

Didn't you hear....without it drum corps will fade and die!!! :doh:

Really? I didn't get the memo. Who said? :doh::doh::worthy: :sshh:

Edited by rai-mello

Nice soloist. Sounds good so far.

OK, will all you narration nags keep to threads on that topic, this one's about the recording which obviously has no narration on it!! So, back on topic...

I really love this arrangement. There are a lot of Cadets' touches to it that really makes it their own and not just a remake of something The Crossmen, SVC or Spirit did previously. I especially love the added mello runs, I'm just hoping they will place the drill on the field in such a way that we get them full blast!! And man do those contra/tuba parts sound challenging!!!! And neat harmonics in the trumpets. In other words, "I'm lovin' it".