Blue Shades ~ Cadets Recording on YEA.org

??? Lol well this is only a brass chart recording. No percussion, Dr. Beat has to be pretty strong.

Eh . . . or they could just watch the DM.

Eh . . . or they could just watch the DM.

At the first camp that you get music too like this? I'm sure not all the eyes are up since it's probably not memorized.

At the first camp that you get music too like this? I'm sure not all the eyes are up since it's probably not memorized.

Maybe I just memorize stuff quickly.

:rolleyes::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy:

I can't wait to see this live...it's going to be incredible!

Maybe I just memorize stuff quickly.

touche :rolleyes:

A good recording, I think. I'm glad we got to hear it.

I think Saucedo probably did what he was asked to do. Writing for a top 12 hornline (any line actually) means knowing the strengths and weaknesses of the ensemble, and writing the best book possible to compliment those tendencies. I would love to see and hear his original version of the arrangement, provided he wrote it for the ultimate strong hornline.

I can only imagine what Dance of the Mushroom Hunters originally sounded like (before cuts, hosing and rewrites).

If your assumption is that Spirit's hornline couldn't handle what was written for them and because of that they received weaker arrangements, I don't think you are correct! You heard what the Dance of the Mushroom Hunters originally sounded like!!!!! There was a section that was cut out(if I remember correctly) but it wasn't because the hornline couldn't handle it. Keep in mind that Spirit's arrangement of Blue Shades was only like a minute long and others use(d) the whole piece.

Do it Big CADETS!!!!!!!!

Edited by melloflava

What was all this about them needing lead sops? Sounds great to me :)

Sounds VERY good to me too.

I think this is going to be awesome. I love Blue Shades, and love that this arrangement is a little different than the others that have been played in the last decade. I can't wait to see this show live.

I wouldn't let that be a road block because you're not alone at all.

I agree with Ashron (Adrian). i marched with the cadets for a few years and i was beat at the end of every rehearsal, and i played second mello. playing in drum corps is brutal on the chops.