2008 All-American Marching Band

http://www.dci.org/news/news.cfm?news_id=f...aa-7db997f679e1

America’s best high school student musicians to take the field as "2008 All-American Marching Band"

2/14/2007 -- 3:45 PM CST

MENC: The National Association for Music Education, has announced a new program to identify the 90 best high school marching musicians for participation in the U.S. Army All-American Bowl, with assistance from Drum Corps International.

My friend who's been in MENC's Honor Ensembles for many years told me they were going insane. It's a very established program, their high school all-eastern and all-west coast ensembles are considered the best for the secondary education level. But what in the world is this??!?!

LOOK AT THIS RIDICULOUSLY EXTENSIVE APPLICATION

http://www.menc.org/allamerican/2008/pdf/2...Application.pdf

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is like the ultimate scary application, It's like every important application comblined into one.

Ok, that's true, I do remember reading the Blast! auditions, they are pretty intense. Of course, a spot on Blast! is a pretty prestigious position.

I think this is a great thing, because as the website says that the music students will be treated just like the high school football athletes who come to declare for colleges. I cant wait for the band kids to start pulling hats out of bags with their colleges on them.

Looks more like you have to be an all states kinda person who also marches. I didn't know there was a general "drum corps style" marching technique. Interesting...

I think they basically just don't want people do do the high mark time/leg lift kind of southern "show band" type of marching.