Comparing King vs Yamaha

Marching Mallets

The King euph has a third valve ring, and I could have sworn that the Dynasty did, but the pics don't show one. Pic may be out of date, or perhaps the design was changed.

As long as the slide is nice and slick, I've never had any trouble using a third valve ring on a euph. I tend to pinch the ring between my middle and ring finger to get a little extra grunt and throw.

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember that even "american" horns are not necessarily made in the states. DEG is an american company but most of thier horns are made outside the US.

Corps go with Yamaha because they make a quality instrument and back it up with excellent customer service and deals that are advantagous to the corps.

The same cannot be said of some "american" companies.

agreed

it sounds like you are unfairly referring to Kanstul, which is a very small company. they have said many times that they can't afford to play the marketing game with Dynasty (made in Brazil, by the way) or Yamaha (made in Taiwan) or even King (whose parent company Conn-Selmer is owned by Steinway & Sons)

thank god for Academy who had the huevos to invest in Kanstul - and they sound great on them! maybe the'll start a trend?

just a heads up....Yamaha marching brass in made in Japan.

So, why is it that if Dynasty is the worst horn manufacturer, that they win high brass nearly every year?

Also, what are the opinions of the Dynasty 875 4/4 tuba?

Its the players.. not the horns! (Unless they are in G.. dont wanna get into that discussion!!)