Cadets' closer original source material.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, very different! I'm VERY curious to see what Bocook can do with it! Especially if it's only going to be a 2 minute closer piece, at least that what it seems like right now.

Loved everything BUT the gong at the end. Appropriate for this arrangement but don't hear it w/ horns. I think this will translate very well and can't wait to hear it!

OMG. This is a cool piece. Sounds like the opening music to the movie "Inside Man." Sounds very Cadetsish.

This sounds like it will make for a very exciting closer - very Cadets/syncopated kind of feel.

Not sure of the confusion some have expressed on the "original source music" statement. Sounds pretty clear to me that Jay will be using this as source material to write original music, much like he's done in that past two years (Liquid, Madea). With the variations on the theme in both of these pieces, I don't think it will be too difficult for him to cut this down to two minutes of great music.

Go Cadets!

I can already hear Jay's voicing treatment in the original!

I dig it!

Saw a high school winterguard from PA do a show with this music. Very intense. Very cool. Looking forward to it.

Edited by SoCal04

Wow, very different! I'm VERY curious to see what Bocook can do with it! Especially if it's only going to be a 2 minute closer piece, at least that what it seems like right now.

I'd actually prefer if they trimmed down Blue Shades and gave the closer more "air-time".

I'm diggin' this a lot.