Cadets' closer original source material.

I also think it is different when a corps sees some unrelated band do something and then "steals" the concept/idea. But when the same designer has an idea, writes a band show around that concept, and then takes the concept (or a portion thereof, ala Cavies' fight scene) to the drum corps they work with, then its a variation or expansion on that same designer's ideas. With so many corps designers doing band shows these days, this happens to some degree to all corps.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i played Song of Aelous before aswell, Im hoping this is what the horns are going to beplaying...

Can't wait to hear the extended solo voice end the show -- that should make for another summer of fun on DCP!

As for the music itself, it could definitely work for the Cadets, but it is more than a bit redundant - thankfully enough they do not have much time to really dedicate to it according to the current lengths of the other pieces they've unveiled. I'm also a little concerned about the fact that the three pieces we've seen from them are so different -- going to take a lot for them to put htese together to form a coherent whole. But I don't really seriously doubt that they will pull it off.

I like this I really do, The horns are going to be Doing some runs though,

I just hope there isn't that much Voice in this I will accept a bit Only becasue i really like this music and i mena I really Like it,

I can't wait to hear the horn recording from there

That is a cool piece. I imagined how cool that could sound with the right arraingment. Great choice. Cadets certainly have some excellent music selections for the 07 show. Could be a great year for them.

I don't think I would have paid my tour fee if I knew I was going to be part of the Choir for the closer.

Darn, I am sure you would be missed. :bleah:

I like the piece they are going to play for their closer.