• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some cool drill effects from Cadets 06 you can't really see unless watching the high cam...

When Alice says "Buuuut where are we?", the guard is in a question mark, with the 'dot' being the table with all the characters.

During the ballad, the drumline's drill makes a line that follows the characters as they go across the pink benches.

I also like when they brush their shoulders off with a stiff, mechanical-like hand.

I absolutely hate their incorporation of that visual into their shows with a passion. It's probably one of the most obnoxious, cheesy, and unnecessary visuals I've ever seen a drum corps do (I've seen plenty, for the record), and they've done it on multiple occasions.

That's fine with me if you enjoyed it though.

I absolutely hate their incorporation of that visual into their shows with a passion. It's probably one of the most obnoxious, cheesy, and unnecessary visuals I've ever seen a drum corps do (I've seen plenty, for the record), and they've done it on multiple occasions.

That's fine with me if you enjoyed it though.

I just thought it was cool because they did it with a mechanical hand, lol. I can understand your annoyance with it though. I always got annoyed when kids would do it at my high school. <**>

89 Cadets, the distortion boxes the hornline did during the two drum breaks. Freaking amazing affect, and it's never been done by anyone before or since that year

Yeah, that's nothing like the slow motion movement at the Company front at the end of Wild Nights 2 in PR 03. :)

Edited by raphael18

The opening move in Crossmen's 1984 show were the silver flags come out of the middle of the tight box. Very effective move.

Also the Cadets in 2000 were not the first corps to do the finger the other guys horn. I believe Les Eclipses did that in 1985 during their can can solo.

My 3 favorite GE moments have always been vocal:

2000 Boston - the singing of Con Te Partiro by the drum corps.

2004 Crown - the singing of the end of Bohemian Rhapsody by the drum corps.

2004 Cavaliers - the whistling.

I can't explain it, but all of these moments just give me goosebumps everytime I watch these shows.

Phantom Regiment 2006

The BLOOD.

MG