Cavalier dominance 2000-Present

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I, for one, think it's because of how they handle retreat.

assortedjollyrancher1ve5.jpg

:P

~>conner

Who is Michael Saucedo?

The evil twin brother of Richard Saucedo!!!! ^0^

This is probably true; but how many years has he worked with Michael Saucedo? You get to know each others work after awhile (and I think they have also collaborated on some MB shows as well.) They compliment each other so well.

ps...thank you for the names...I cannot believe I forgot them :sshh:

Er... you mean Michael Gaines and Richard Saucedo. :P

They won, so all kinds of Champion chasers come out of the woodworks to march a winning corps. This isn't a slam, but you have to look at the members previous corps. How many came from never marching to the Cavaliers, versus came from another non contender?

This is probably less true than you think.

A lot of guys in The Cavaliers never marched anywhere else, some did (but marched elsewhere with the intention of going to Cavaliers eventually).

I would say the vast majority of people who march Cavaliers are there because they want to be a Cavalier and perform that kind of show and be involved with the kind of people in that organization, regardless of placement.

Not that a high standard of excellent hurts.

Now don't go bringing evil shennanigans into this - I was trying to be nice. :)

However, I have heard that in 2000 the Cavaliers spent a lot of times at pools/waterparks. In fact, BD and the Cavaliers are known for having a much more laid back approach. However, I have always wondered if those corps simply had a higher average talent level and could afford to do such things.

Hmm...is their laid back demeanor a key to their success, or a byproduct of very talented members that don't have to work quite as hard to achieve their maximum level of performance. My bet is on a little of each.

I believe it's due to a staff and management knowing when to push and when to pull back, when to let the members run at full steam and when to make everyone take a deep breath, exhale and let off steam. It seems staff and management are extremely in tune with what the members need and when they need it.

There comes a time when more rehearsing doesn't make an ensemble better and might even make it worse. It's kind of like listening to one's heart and knowing when to resume climbing a mountain and when to sit down and look at the scenery.

Er... you mean Michael Gaines and Richard Saucedo. :P

No, they are the same person. Michael Saucedo was created in a NASA lab as part of a secret CIA project.

Simple enough, they have a formula and it works. That formula starts with the design process and works its way to the rehearsal field. The results show up on the performance field.

I think the key part is that they came up with the formula before anyone else did. They got the jump on this type of show. Chordal, original music with drill out the wazzoo. It doesn't matter what kind of music you have as long as the drill is fast and difficult.