Cadets donation to the Raiders

Yes, the trailer was a extremely generous donation on behalf of George & YEA. Being an alumni of the 86 Cadets it especially makes me proud. The corps I marched in helped the corps I love and nurtured since the beginning in 1990. One of the reasons we all love drum corps is the tradition of helping each other. THe loyalty and friendships we share in thoughout our lives in this activity can not be measured in money.

AMEN!!!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AMEN!!!

:grouphug::worthy:

Yes, the trailer was a extremely generous donation on behalf of George & YEA. Being an alumni of the 86 Cadets it especially makes me proud. The corps I marched in helped the corps I love and nurtured since the beginning in 1990. One of the reasons we all love drum corps is the tradition of helping each other. THe loyalty and friendships we share in thoughout our lives in this activity can not be measured in money.

I am personally pleased to see so many positive comments about George Hopkins here in this thread. He has done, and continues to do, so many good things for our beloved activity. I see him get kicked around often on DCP, so I'm glad to see the balance that's deserved. Thank you George.

Jim Mallen

Raiders Board of Directors

The Big Corps helps out a Smaller Corps.

This makes alot of sense!

Hats off to the Cadets and George Hopkins! :)

I agree thats cool to see bigger corps take care of the smaller corps. Its like a big family!!!!

It's an interesting reflection of DCP when 7259 members check out the "complain about the YEA! website" but only 2164 check out the good deed they did for the Raiders. In addition, 289 people felt compassionate enough to fill 29 pages about the YEA! site but only 33 of us acknowledged The Cadets' generousity on only 4 pages.

Where are our priorities? Is this what we call drum corps?

I am personally pleased to see so many positive comments about George Hopkins here in this thread. He has done, and continues to do, so many good things for our beloved activity. I see him get kicked around often on DCP, so I'm glad to see the balance that's deserved. Thank you George.

Jim Mallen

Raiders Board of Directors

I'm one of those who has kicked George around a little bit today, but I greatly admire this very kind act. Just when you think he has truly gone over the edge, he turns around and does something kind and noble. Let's give George and YEA all the credit they deserve on this one. :grouphug::rock::beer:

Edited by oldtimedrummer

It's an interesting reflection of DCP when 7259 members check out the "complain about the YEA! website" but only 2164 check out the good deed they did for the Raiders. In addition, 289 people felt compassionate enough to fill 29 pages about the YEA! site but only 33 of us acknowledged The Cadets' generousity on only 4 pages.

Where are our priorities? Is this what we call drum corps?

I am very surprised we have not see more posts regarding the act of kindness that YEA! and George Hopkins displayed.

2000 plus views is impressive, but only 4 pages of posts? I would have thought more people would have posted.

No matter what, this was a great thing for YEA! and George to do.

I am very surprised we have not see more posts regarding the act of kindness that YEA! and George Hopkins displayed.

2000 plus views is impressive, but only 4 pages of posts? I would have thought more people would have posted.

No matter what, this was a great thing for YEA! and George to do.

At least people are reading about it. B)

Then people would have to admit maybe they're too hard on a guy because they're stuck in their own ways and forget that this is still a great activity with great people in it....

Hey, I will always give him credit for these kinds of things, but I will also voice my opinion of his opinion. George has done many wonderful things for this activity and I do not discredit them.