Cadets to Wear Uniforms on '07

From the YEA--well, not really website:

The Cadets, in response to charges that their show philosophy has become too radical, announced today that they have decided to wear uniforms for the upcoming season.

"It was a difficult decision", explained a frustrated George Hopkins. "But with a few tweaks, our current program will adjust to the new visual identity. When asked to elaborate, Hopkins was vague. "Well, we were considered using "Blue Moon" as a production number, and had already choreographed some, uh, flashy guard work."

Members of the percussion section were elated, particularly those in the pit. Speaking on the condition of anonymity, Ima Pseudonym heaved a sigh of relief. "I do a lot of work with the cymbals, and slinging plates will be a lot safer now."

The Cadets, in response to charges that their show philosophy has become too radical, announced today that they have decided to wear uniforms for the upcoming season.

"It was a difficult decision", explained a frustrated George Hopkins. "But with a few tweaks, our current program will adjust to the new visual identity. When asked to elaborate, Hopkins was vague. "Well, we were considered using "Blue Moon" as a production number, and had already choreographed some, uh, flashy guard work."

Members of the percussion section were elated, particularly those in the pit. Speaking on the condition of anonymity, Ima Pseudonym heaved a sigh of relief. "I do a lot of work with the cymbals, and slinging plates will be a lot safer now."

Good one!

Drum corps Naked..or nekkid as we say here in the southland..all good unluss you are one of those portly contra players. :sshh:

:laugh:

"Ima Pseudonym" ... classic. :P

Sorry....been there, done that. Just as fictional as Cadets doing it naked, Star did it back in the 90s with the ($1.39 to Nikk)

In 1997 Star opted to try something new: Marching naked. Using Star's considerable bank-roll, they were able to hire the most nubile and beautiful young ladies, most of them former Playboy and Penthouse models. Finally, Star's persistence paid off, as they scored an astounding 99.6 on the strength of their show entitled "Live Nude Girls," consisting of the music of Phillip Glass and David Bowie. The second place finisher, Velvet Knights (whose show was entitled "A Night at OJ's") included a guest star on the sidelines, NFL Denver Bronco QB John ELway participated on the OJ-themed show by playing a white, slow-moving Bronco.
Edited by sburstall

So what will the back of them look like? B)

That's it! That's the last straw! Now I know for sure that George doesn't want to give what the audience wants. Naked drum corps SELLS! Next, you are going to tell me that they will have shoes, hats and gloves with those uniforms...JUST LIKE BAND!!!

I'm never going to another drum corps show again as long as I live. :sshh:

Steven Wright used to do a joke in his standup about how his high schools colors were clear.

then he said, Honest officer, I'm in the band.

It was funny the first time or two, now this is getting kinda lame.