Drill Camp, Parade, and Birthday Dinner

You'll be fine man, drum corps is a great way to live and feel independent

Oh, I know I'LL be fine, but I'm worried about HER. Hopefully our friend can convince her :)

Forgot to add.

When the Alumni Corps played Music of the Night, they had the 89 DM conducting :)

Congrats on your weekend Brad! I was actually at the dinner (Yummy!) and got to see everything. My boyfriend is in the contra line for the alumni corps. It was a great event and I spent way too much at the souvie booth as usual!

I really hope you get to march. Maybe if your parents meet up with the family that you might be staying with? I'm sure that its something others have had issues with so maybe ask around to see if there is any advice. Maybe some one on one parent time would help them understand and feel more comfortable.

Good luck!!

Welcome to Drum Corps Brad. I was never in your situation because I was born into the activity. But I do remember being on the recieving end of it once. I was about 20 at the time and we had a kid in our perc line who was 17. Anyway, I had to call his house to make travel arrangements for a February camp (Iwas driving). Well with my luck (all bad) his mother answers the phone and totally apes out on me. You know ; "My son is only 17 years old and he's not going to travel all that way to be in that Drum Corps of yours! bla bla bla".....but wait, it gets better. About 5 minutes later the kid calls me back and tells me to meet him at a specified location and we would take off for camp from there. So both of us being young and crazy, that's what we did. We left on Friday night and came home on Monday morning. When we got back I thought that his mother was going to have me arrested, but she got over it. True story. :)

Ah! Maybe that was you that I saw with the Renegades jacket! :P

How could you tell there were about 20 of us! lol