Drum Corps in the Car....

A couple of months ago I was stuck in the incredibly ugly scene that is I45 in Houston, TX. There was an accident a mile or so up the road and it was bumper to bumper. I was listening to Madison -1999 quite loudly.

A young girl in a vw next to me yelled over and asked me what corps that was and I told her. She said something about wishing she could have a better listen to that so I tossed her the CD! I just went home and made myself another one.

Did you at least write your phone # on it before you tossed it to her?????????

:P

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My son and daughter are both Drum Corps vets, 5 and 6 years respectively. One afternoon last fall I was waiting in the parking lot to pick up my daughter from work. She is employed at a local restaurant in Riverside, CA. It was a warm SoCal day so I had my windows down and was listening to Vanguard ’05 Finals in the molto fortissimo mode. (Best ever #8 show, ‘06 Crown close second). A young lady walked by slowly and kept looking at me as she went into the restaurant. My daughter left work a short time later and told me that one of the restaurant servers came in to work and told her there was a crazy man in the parking lot listening to loud music in his car. My daughter had to educate the young girl by telling her that the crazy man is her dad and that he is listening to a drum corps CD and always has it cranked up. Can a deaf person park in the Handicapped Zone? :huh:

BEST....CORPS....STORY.....EVER!!

Yeah! Michael Boo should write this one up! Michael????

b**bs

There was a guy with a Freelancers license plate frame at the apartment complex where I lived in Phoenix. I had to put a VK one on my car. Sadly, someone stole it!

We saw a pickup truck on US-93 between Vegas and Phoenix two years ago with a Scouts sticker in the back window of the camper shell.

I used to rattle my 74 Super Beetle with drum corps when I was at RCC. The whole car would resonate with it. big ol' speakers in the rear seat luggage well. One favorite tape (before CD's) was a recording of BD's "Johnny One Note" from 81. It was recorded in front of the horn arc at a victory concert in SoCal. And it was a "hot" recording, too. No judges, no rules...just right! No compression and gain-control crap from the DCI recordings. And they wonder why we preferred to do our own!

Garry in Vegas