Youngest Div I Marcher

i brought my little sister to an Esperanza camp just after her 13th birthday. she marched in 2006 and is now marching with VK.

she beat me for youngest person to ever be in the corp by a year.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Michele, you have me beat. I was 13 years old during the 1974 season when I marched in the Bracken Cavaliers, and 14 in my first year at marching with the Crossmen in 1975. I really started marching in a parade corp September of 1968, one month before my 9th birthday. This corp folded within the next year or two. After that I marched in winter guards until the fall of 1973 when I started marching in Bracken Cavaliers. I aged out of Crossmen in 1982 after marching 7 (not consecuative) years. I skipped 1978 to work to buy my car. I was happy to return in 1979 and it was a long four years, but I would not have given it up for anything. Many great memories and long time friendships. :worthy:

Marched 6 years w/Crossmen didn't age out ... I think I'm still eligible

I wish :)

If I stayed till age-out that would be 11 years till 84. Wow!

Edited by xbones7480

i brought my little sister to an Esperanza camp just after her 13th birthday. she marched in 2006 and is now marching with VK.

she beat me for youngest person to ever be in the corp by a year.

Don't feel too bad about your birthday.

Mine is July 11th and when I marched that was just as bad as May 31st.

Back then if you turned 22 before finals you couldn't march.

Even worse, they changed the rule to June 1st the year after I aged out.

I feel for you LOL

I was a sophmore in high school when I marched my first season at Magic, the tender age of 15. I liked starting early, gives me plenty of time to figure out what I want to go as far as my goals for drum corps go...

I started in the pit (i'm still there) when I was 14 in 2000. Aging out this year with the same corps! My birthday is right after finals :(

I remember that in either '99 or '00 at Colts, we had a soprano player from Texas who was 14.

That's the norm down here! Every now and then you hear of some phenom who makes All-State as a freshman. There were two killer french horns from Duncanville who were 1/2 at region when I was in school. The first chair made state 4 years, 2nd made it 3 I think.

We had a 14-year old baritone player in '94. Anybody know if Shea/Twinkie ever marched again? I'm betting you screwy vets ran him off--could have been a real PR stud marching '94-'00!

Oh, and for some reason, the best players down here don't tend to be the DC types, so as awesome as DCI is b/c of its Texas connections, if Xmen or others find a way to lock into the All-State crowd we're going to see a whole new level of WOW factor! No diss on any All-Staters in DC, just my personal experience.

I could be wrong, but I think Colts one year had a horn player(I think contra) who was 13. I believe his mom was a volunteer, and his sister was in the corps.