"Most Horrendous Hawaiian Shirt in the World" competition

What with all of the folderol regarding Hawaiian shirts and who has the nicest, ugliest, prettiest, loudest and/or most horrendous, the Pennsylvania Drum Corps Hall of Fame will be instituting an award to "reward" the one individual who wears the Hawaiian shirt that is judged to display the most "character". There will be a panel three (3) judges who will anonymously observe all participants over the course of the weekend beginning Friday evening continue throughout the day Saturday and Saturday evening at both the Serenade In Brass show and the post show party in the 2nd floor Ballroom of the Crowne Plaza Hotel. They will then gather Sunday morning during the Pennsylvania Drum Corps Hall of Fame breakfast to discuss their findings and determine at that time who the winner will be. The identity of all of the judges will not be revealed for fear of contestants trying to unduly influence their decision with offers of intoxicating beverages and the like.

"Good Luck" to all those who participate and may the "best?" Hawaian shirt emerge victorious.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike~

would that be best in the eye of the general public?

or best in the eye of the beerholder?

Cheers!

:whistle:

When it comes to Hawaiian shirts in Harrisburg, the word "best" isn't a word that should even enter the conversation.

Andy "K'monIwannalayyah" Roo

(That's my Hawaiian name)

Mike~

would that be best in the eye of the general public?

or best in the eye of the beerholder?

Cheers!

:whistle:

My dear Ms. Duguay,

I can assure you that the 3 adjudicators will be of the highest standards (I believe at least 2 of them hold cards with NJA). Why I was just speaking with one of them earlier this morning and he has his sunglasses and seeing eye cane at the ready.

Hey, I like that "eye of the beerholder" as opposed to the "eye of the BEholder". Very creative. :unsure:

Luv ya hon.

Dear Mr. Chairman,

The disease to which you are referring is known officially as "lakkanookee."

While it's fairly widespread in Hawaii, it's particularly prevalent in the Greater Pittsburgh area.

I'd rather not discuss in an open forum exactly what the primary symptoms are.

Andy

Dear Mr. Chairman,

The disease to which you are referring is known officially as "lakkanookee."

While it's fairly widespread in Hawaii, it's particularly prevalent in the Greater Pittsburgh area.

I'd rather not discuss in an open forum exactly what the primary symptoms are.

Andy

Now, now. Brownie fans have been known to suffer dearly for even lesssarcastic remarks. But then what do I know, I/m still a New York Giants fan. :whistle:

Now, now. Brownie fans have been known to suffer dearly for even lesssarcastic remarks. But then what do I know, I/m still a New York Giants fan. :whistle:

What the hell is a "lesssarcastic" remark?

What the hell is a "lesssarcastic" remark?

It's the way they spell "less sarcastic" out here in Picksburgh. Whatsamatta yins don't know nothin'?