"Most Horrendous Hawaiian Shirt in the World" competition

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And they cost me a pretty penny too, I might add.

....in true Picksburghese....a sentence should always end with...... 'NAT.....('nat is a coverall for things yinz forgot to say....couldn't remember.....it's like an...ETC, ETC,.......

Edited by melligene

....in true Picksburghese....a sentence should always end with...... 'NAT.....('nat is a coverall for things yinz forgot to say....couldn't remember.....it's like an...ETC, ETC,.......

Like Pants 'n Nat?

Yeah, like all the picksburghese I've learned is from a tee shirt in the Strip "dahntahn".

....that's cause yinzers are from dan-air will I'm from mup-ear....('nat....) GO STILLERS.... b**bs

What with all of the folderol regarding Hawaiian shirts and who has the nicest, ugliest, prettiest, loudest and/or most horrendous, the Pennsylvania Drum Corps Hall of Fame will be instituting an award to "reward" the one individual who wears the Hawaiian shirt that is judged to display the most "character". There will be a panel three (3) judges who will anonymously observe all participants over the course of the weekend beginning Friday evening continue throughout the day Saturday and Saturday evening at both the Serenade In Brass show and the post show party in the 2nd floor Ballroom of the Crowne Plaza Hotel. They will then gather Sunday morning during the Pennsylvania Drum Corps Hall of Fame breakfast to discuss their findings and determine at that time who the winner will be. The identity of all of the judges will not be revealed for fear of contestants trying to unduly influence their decision with offers of intoxicating beverages and the like.

"Good Luck" to all those who participate and may the "best?" Hawaian shirt emerge victorious.

All the arrangements have been made. The certificate ia all printed and the adjudicators have been lies up. And believe me these adjudacators know EXACTLY what they will be looking for. As previously stated, 2 of the adjudicators are/were card carrying NJA members.

Please disregard any negative connotation that may have entered your mind upon reading the title of this thread, the title of the award that will be presented at the Pennsylvania Drum Corps Hall of Fame breakfast on Sunday morning at about 10:30 - 10:45 AM is:

"The Most Charismatic Hawaiian Shirt"

This award will be an annual affair so please don't feel slighted if you don't win this year, like all of us "Brooklyn Dodger" fans used to say, "Wait 'til next year". :D

After much deliberation, conversation and discourse this morning at the Pennsylvania Drum Corps Hall of Fame breakfast, adjudicators Jim Fawber (of Westshore fame), Jim Cossetti (with verk dark sunglasses and seeing eye cane), and guest adjudicator Jimmy Russo (of all kinds'a fame) unanimously awarded the title of the wearer of the "MOST CHARISMATIC HAWAIIAN SHIRT" to be one Chuck Quackenbush (of Blue Rock's Baby Elephant Walk fame) whose ensemble was not only a "stunning" orange shirt, but matching "fahncy pahnts" as well.

Congratulations Chuck on your "fashion statement". Of course you realize that you are now ineligible for the next 5 years. When informed of the adjudicators' decision, Fran Haring was heard to mumble, "Oh well, just await til next year".

After much deliberation, conversation and discourse this morning at the Pennsylvania Drum Corps Hall of Fame breakfast, adjudicators Jim Fawber (of Westshore fame), Jim Cossetti (with verk dark sunglasses and seeing eye cane), and guest adjudicator Jimmy Russo (of all kinds'a fame) unanimously awarded the title of the wearer of the "MOST CHARISMATIC HAWAIIAN SHIRT" to be one Chuck Quackenbush (of Blue Rock's Baby Elephant Walk fame) whose ensemble was not only a "stunning" orange shirt, but matching "fahncy pahnts" as well.

Congratulations Chuck on your "fashion statement". Of course you realize that you are now ineligible for the next 5 years. When informed of the adjudicators' decision, Fran Haring was heard to mumble, "Oh well, just await til next year".

LOL.... I apparently wasn't even judged, for crissakes!!!!!! :P

Had my shirt on for Westshoremen Alumni rehearsal Saturday.... and the "judges" forgot to stop by and take a look. :blink:

Yes, it's sour grapes. JUST KIDDING..... I tip my hat to Chuck Quackenbush and bow to greatness!!!! :lol::worthy:

Mike, you're absolutely right..... not only does Chuck have the shirt thing going on (and has been doing that for years), but he clinches the deal with matching (or mismatching?) pants. None of us can compete with that!!!!!! :P

I gotta admit though....Mike, the "3-D" effect that your shirt gave off was positively stunning. B)

Fran

LOL.... I apparently wasn't even judged, for crissakes!!!!!! :P

Had my shirt on for Westshoremen Alumni rehearsal Saturday.... and the "judges" forgot to stop by and take a look. :blink:

Yeah, but you guys were percussing somewhere else while the horns were working on "Strawberry Soup" on stage when I got there at 10:00 AM.

Yes, it's sour grapes. JUST KIDDING..... I tip my hat to Chuck Quackenbush and bow to greatness!!!! :blink::lol:

Mike, you're absolutely right..... not only does Chuck have the shirt thing going on (and has been doing that for years), but he clinches the deal with matching (or mismatching?) pants. None of us can compete with that!!!!!! :P

Well, the good news for you is that his win this year automatically disqualifies him til 2012.

I gotta admit though....Mike, the "3-D" effect that your shirt gave off was positively stunning. B)

Fran

Most definitely. The "stunning blue" kinda did set my eyes off now didn't it? :worthy: But I thought the combination with the "shocking pink" would be the clincher. If I couldn't cause a "meltdown" with THAT shirt I don't know what I have to do to even get an "honorable mention". :worthy: Got that shirt in St. Martin's in February of 2006. Maybe I should have used one of the 3 shirts I got for $20 in Curacao. Live and learn. :worthy:

Which "Westshore fame" is that? Setting a record for lowest score in a DCA contest my first competition or loosing my plume (.1 penalty) my last DCA Prelims as a horn player? :P

Or leaving my white cane at home and leaving Mr C to take up the slack?

Congrats to Chuck and let's hope next years weather is more agreable to Hawaiian shirt wearin'. Hard to judge when folks are wearing jackets over them as it muffles the loudness. :blink:

Edited by JimF-3rdBari