WGI World Championships!

My predictions for gold in World Class: (is there any other class? :doh: )

Independent - Pride. Fantasia only wins every other year. :P

Scholastic - Avon will steal the thunder, and gold, from Logan this year. Revenge for last year will be sweet.

The guard everybody will talk about is -

PHANTOM.

:doh:

Center Stage will make finals and will be remembered long afterwards too. Their head stands are amazing! b**bs

Thus sayeth my crystal ball....

Edited by garfield_cadets

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Juxta - UGHHHHHHHHH!!! Their show is the same, year after year after year. Loud fast music, Ashley dances and wiggles, the end. No real theme, just boring. I think the low scores they've received all year tell the truth.

Isn't it great how supportive we are of the other members of our activity?

Not cool. <**>

in SA i think there were some surprises, as i said before, the class was very competitive this year. some guards scored in the 90's in semis but didn't make finals. some that made it weren't even ranked in the top 15...just goes to show ya, you never know til you are there! i enjoyed watching SA finals, my favorites were taravella, west orange (should have medaled imho), cooper city, and naples. in SO i loved carmel, warren, and chino. SO was another very competitive class with great performances by all.

in SA i think there were some surprises, as i said before, the class was very competitive this year. some guards scored in the 90's in semis but didn't make finals. some that made it weren't even ranked in the top 15...just goes to show ya, you never know til you are there! i enjoyed watching SA finals, my favorites were taravella, west orange (should have medaled imho), cooper city, and naples. in SO i loved carmel, warren, and chino. SO was another very competitive class with great performances by all.

Way to go, West Orange! What an awesome growth that team has seen in their 4 years out.

Edited by M2S

lots of groups really surprised me....

didnt get to see any SA or IA guards, buttttt I am soooo happy Rhapsody WG from washington won IA, i was rooting for them the whoooole time... and im sure they deserved the win :)... and congrats to Naples getting 9th in SA finals... way to go New York!!!!

SO:

Carmel- i was completely taken away by them, lovedddddddd this show and those girls were sooo consistent and did amazing!! hands down deserved that win!!!

Seminole- lovvvvvvvvvvved this show soooo much, thought for sure they were going to take second, but hey they still did great!!!! congrats!!!

Laurens- these girls were fierce and really performed the heck out of there show!!! loved them as usual thought for sure they were gonna move up a spot or two, but hey they still did great and had there best show the whole weekend in finals!!! get it girls!!!!

IO:

Code Black- was amazing and i really loved there show!!! deserved that medal 100%

Zydeco- had a great finals run, really liekd there show as well... they did absolutyl amazing and was glad to see them do well there first year out...

Fahrenheit- i was a little iffy on this show, but then again where i was sitting was not that great of seats... so im sure they deserved the bronze, i liked there choice of music... and they had some great moments in there show!!! congrats :)

SW:

Avon- blew me away, those girls can move sooooo well!!!! they nailed everything, and should have won the gold, but they still did there best and gave it there all.... there sophistication level was superb, im sure next year they will be jsut as amazing....

Logan- fierce as hell!!!! there was sooo much to watch i got lost at times, but they still did great... i had a hard time choosing between them and avon for the medal, but went with avon bc they had a beautiful show and moved so well... logan had some realllllllllly great moments, the ending of there show was great!!! congrats on the win :)

Flanagan- LOVEDDDD this show, should have gotten the bronze, sent chills down my spine especially at the end of there show hope they can capture a medal next season!!!

Arcadia- had some good moments, but overall i didnt feel as if they had there best performance, nerves got to them, and i feel they should have placed 4th but thats my opinion, and those kids im sure worked hard to get that medal!! cant wait to see there show next year... :)

IW:

Aimachi- i barely watched this show bc all i could watch was the baton twirlers... that was one thign i didnt like about there show, the darn baton twirlers were a huuuuuuuge distraction... but i reallllllllllllllllllllly loved there uniforms they were gorgeous, and the looks on there faces when they were getting there medals was sooooooo precious :)

Blessed Sac- simply amazing!!! this show was absolutly breathtaking... soooooo glad they got a medal this year, they deserved that medal despite what some ppl may think... can not wait to see what they do next year!!!!!!!!!!!

NEI- LOVED THIS SHOW!!!! there equipment book was ridiculous, it was sooooo good!! there should have been a 3 way tie for 3rd, with these kids in that tie as well.... i can not wait for the 2008 show, will they finally get a medal???

Corona- ummm they surprised me... i absolutly loved this show, probably the best show that this guard has performed to date... they executed the show sooooo well... and there were several moments of the show where i just listened to the music and quotes and watched what they did and it really touched me... congrats!!!

Onyx- this was the first world class show to actually make me cry... i will never forget this show, and would have to say it was one of my all time favorite guard shows to date... the girl at the end singing really added to the show, i really thoguht they were going to finish higher... but they still did amazing and will forever be one of my favorite guards.... congrats!!!!!!

those were the guards i really enjoyed!!!!!

what are your thoughts about guards in world class who did NOT make finals??? did anyone see any???.... what did you think??? :)

I really liked Signature's show. The idea of taking something like dreams and putting it onto a colorguard floor is pretty cool. I wish I could have seen it from the front so that I could have gotten the full effect of the plexiglass.

Light Brigade was pretty awesome too. They did have their blunders towards the end, but prelim's jitters gets everybody. Some of those tricks were pretty cool. In my opinion, their show this year was a lot better than what I've seen from them previously.

Some of my other favorites...Aimachi-they absolutely blew me away. What a beautiful show. Blessed Sac-They're just one of my favorite guards ever. Zydeco-They're local, and their show was so awesome and performed very well.

Blessed Sac-They're just one of my favorite guards ever.

Mine, too. And the fact that they have such a tremendous continuity with WGI -- this was their 29th year as a finalist (and WGI's 30th anniversary) -- is truly impressive.