Got my DVDs yesterday

05, 06 Classic Countdown

2003 Finals

I haven't watched all of them yet but just a couple of quick comments:

Whoever remastered PR96 on the 05CC must have had an ear infection or something, because the percussion sounds like mush. the APDs sound better.

This was the first time I had seen the 2000 Cadets--HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!!! What an amazing show!!!! I turned away for a moment to get something, and when I turned back the tenor drummers were spinning back and forth from drum to drom, without missing a single note. I get a headache just thinking about what it must have been like to practice that bit.

Edited by jthomas666

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got my Classic Countdown Bundle Monday. I'm currently watching '06. I'm liking what I see so far :) Currently on 1980 Bridgemen. 1980 was a GOOD year.

Cadets 2000 is a pretty awesome show. I love the tenor feature. :lookaround:

I just got my Classic Countdown Bundle Monday. I'm currently watching '06. I'm liking what I see so far :) Currently on 1980 Bridgemen. 1980 was a GOOD year.
Yep. The 05 Countdown has both 27th Lancers and Spirit of Atlanta from '80.

I LOVE 1980 Spirit of Atlanta. I also love the 27th Lancers show from that year.

Before I got my CC '05, I would always borrow my friend's copy. I often found myself watching those two shows and '89 SCV.

05, 06 Classic Countdown

2003 Finals

I haven't watched all of them yet but just a couple of quick comments:

Whoever remastered PR96 on the 05CC must have had an ear infection or something, because the percussion sounds like mush. the APDs sound better.

This was the first time I had seen the 2000 Cadets--HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!!! What an amazing show!!!! I turned away for a moment to get something, and when I turned back the tenor drummer were spinning back and forth from drum to drom, without missing a single note. I get a headache just thinking about what it must have been like to practice that bit.

Yea I was a little disappointed about the sound quality of pr96

The audio from all shows from 1996 is rough whenever I hear it, IMO

Cadets 2000 is a pretty awesome show. I love the tenor feature. :lookaround:

2000 Cadets -

One of the best shows ever - and one of the best drumlines ever

Edited by MJN

The audio from all shows from 1996 is rough whenever I hear it, IMO

That was the 2nd year of the IBM Interactive fiasco. Audio from '95 to '98 was atrocious compared to the Larry Rock years.