Which decade of DCI have you enjoyed the most?

You favorite DCI decade.  

231 members have voted

1. 1. Based on the actual shows, which decade of DCI have you enjoyed the most?

• 1970s - mostly symmetrical drill, non concept shows, ridiculously loud hornlines
    • 1980s - more complex drills, beginnings of concept shows, dancing guards, grounded pits
    • 1990s - full concept shows, more integration between all the sections
    • 2000s - more visual complexity, later added amps/singing/narration

Based on the actual shows, which decade of DCI have you enjoyed the most?

By this I mean, not based on how competitive it was, or how many corps there were, or even what the rules were... just how much you enjoyed the finished product. If you need a more precise comparison, use the shows that made finals.

I know this kind of poll has been done probably many times, but after all the recent debates, I'm really curious how this may turn out.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'90s

Kinda hard to answer because to me the mid-late 80's early 90's all run together as what I consider the peak. From what 86 or so to 93ish. I lump all of it into pre-mid 80's, mid-80's- early 90's, mid-90s-beyond. With the dark times coming in the mid-90's. (financially at least). But there have be GREAT shows in every era that stand out. 80 Sprit, 89 SCV, 95 Madison, etc. etc. etc.

Mike

i would've voted mid 70's to mid 80's, but it wasn't an option...say 1977 to 1987

I agree - I want to wrap around from 1987 to 1995

It's no secret - I LOVE 90s style drum corps.

I voted 2000s because it's the only decade I've experienced live, but the 1980s comes quite close to being my favorite decade. Great shows at either end of that decade. The 2000s has some insane shows too. My all-time favorites list is made up of shows from both of these decades.

I'd say when things started kicking it up a notch...1983 through 1996.