Very important question

Geno. You're so busted! :P

well I figured since it was "the most important question ever asked" and all... and I had a slim chance to be a hero for like 3 seconds... I'd give it a shot.

Sometimes ya gotta just jump in there, ya know?

:P

no... Geoff posted the story a while ago.

it was another baritone player, who was marching beside Geoff.

I wish I could find the thread.

~>conner

That's just Geoff's second gunman on the grassy knoll story. He is one loud son of a #####!

:worthy:

Edit: I'll be nice and simply give the name. I've tried nicely to type my thoughts three times since I was on the field. If you can't say anything nice...

Scott Cisco, commonly known as Cisco.

It takes some phenomenal biological mutation to blat like that, and I've only known two people who possessed that, um, "talent." Cisco, and some kid who went to Curtis and is probably gigin' in a symphony on bass trombone now.

It has never ceased to amaze me how we had something as utterly beautiful as Clair de Lune followed by something as completely hideous as Cisco's, um, contribution to posterity.

Cheers, buddy, wherever you are!

Yeah. Nothing more inspiring than some really bad tone quality.

Edit: I'll be nice and simply give the name. I've tried nicely to type my thoughts three times since I was on the field. If you can't say anything nice...

Scott Cisco, commonly known as Cisco.

It takes some phenomenal biological mutation to blat like that, and I've only known two people who possessed that, um, "talent." Cisco, and some kid who went to Curtis and is probably gigin' in a symphony on bass trombone now.

It has never ceased to amaze me how we had something as utterly beautiful as Clair de Lune followed by something as completely hideous as Cisco's, um, contribution to posterity.

Cheers, buddy, wherever you are!

It wasn't Cisco. I have never even heard Cisco's name in reference to this particular incident...and to be honest with you, I had never heard Poodle's name in reference to it either until a few months ago.

But none of those names matter, because...the culprit was none other than the loudest Euphonium player this side of...well....me. And that was Tim Gray. I don't think Tim meant to play it quite that loud, and put his stamp on the show in quite that manner. I mean, yeah, we all prided ourselves in doing certain things well...this went all the way back to the 1991 section....Grant was the best at high register stuff, Grady was the best at low register stuff, I was the best at tonguing (articulation for those of you with gutter imaginations), and Tim was simply a beast in the amplitude category. Every year, we would pass on titles about who was best at what, and by 1994, when I left the section, it was quite clear that Tim was the undeniable king of volume.

That is why I still, to this day, believe it was him that blasted his way through that chord in Death Hunt 2.0. Mind you....Tim was a great player, and he should not be remembered for that blat. After all, he was the 1993 I&E champion, and a good guy. It was his age out year...perhaps he just got a little choked up, realising that his corps career was coming to an end.

Funny enough...Tim was also involved in the infamous "baritone throwing" incident at the end of the 1991 show. Me and Waldo goaded him into it, though Waldo provided added incentive: A case of beer if he threw the horn on Finals Night (it was his own horn, a two-valver, and we were going to move to 3-valvers the following year). As far as I know, Tim never collected that case from Waldo...but his horn is clearly visible flying away toward Side Two on the Finals Video.

I can't recall the year, but I'll set it up and see if somone else can fill in the blanks.

PR - close was 1812 (yeah, I know that doesn't help much). At the end it sounds as if there is this contra just borring a whole into the stands...just an insane amount of sound. Always put a smile on my face when we watched that.

That would have been 1992 (War and Peace).

Where in the show is this infamous chord?

Edit: I also love the trumpet player at the end that does the one count overhype prep thing for the horns down.

Edited by TSRTS13