Your Drum Major

With the Miami Vanguards, two DMs come to mind. 1st was Rob Wessman, brother of Jo who took the Wave to great success decades later and Linda Hoffman, who was our 1st female DM and a high school classmate.

The Sunrisers had the inimitable Tom Hart.

Probably my favorite of them all, though was Bill Toomey with the Reilly alumni. Bill was raised to be a Reilly drum major, his father had been guard captain of the corps for many years and his Godfather was the master of all showmen: Bill Hooton.

With the Miami Vanguards, two DMs come to mind. 1st was Rob Wessman, brother of Jo who took the Wave to great success decades later and Linda Hoffman, who was our 1st female DM and a high school classmate.

Was Linda Hoffman the DM for the 1979 Florida Vanguards?

Dave Gibbs and Pat Haro, with a Steve Sanger chaser.

Dave is now Director of the Blue Devils, Pat lives in Malaysia in a mansion full of servants and Steve Sanger - not sure???

I want to also add Beth Fabrizio with the Rochester Crusaders. She was awesome!!!!

• 2 months later...
Dave Gibbs and Pat Haro, with a Steve Sanger chaser.

Dave is now Director of the Blue Devils, Pat lives in Malaysia in a mansion full of servants and Steve Sanger - not sure???

Steve Sanger ^0^

He's not my favorite person the world...

We had a saying on our bus that went something like this...

"The front of the bus hates the back of the bus and the back of the bus hates the front of the bus... but everybody hates Bill!"

Bill was our DM

But we really loved him,. we just liked teasing him.

Edited by Newseditor44

Our drum major was Chad Humpal--the guy who sang and fell off the podium when he got too excited. :P

Chad was awsome! I love watching him, he was like performance on his own. One of my fondest memories was beating him out for best DM at a couple of shows in 91 and 92. I really admired him. Good times!

Edited by lanestar