What's The Earliest You Corps Started Doing Drill ?

I was just wondering what the earliest the corps you marched in started doing drill outside.

In 1977, the Northstars from Kitchener, Ontario, Canada started doing drill OUTSIDE the second week of MARCH !!! b**bs b**bs b**bs b**bs b**bs

It was one of those open winter with no snow and boy was it cold. The thing was, our first CONTEST was on May 25th

in Michigan somewhere. I couldn't tell you how we did because I can't remember. B)

RCR was actually able to start learning drill outside in February this year.

Of course, last week we rehersed in the rain. <**>

We had a blimp hangar to drill in. So we started as soon as the first drill camp of the year. Usually, October or November.

"Earliest Drill":

Do National Guard armories count? If so, we were doing drill in January. We also used a skating rink.

Elphaba

At Regiment we had an indoor fieldhouse that we would ducktape a field onto.

It held almost an entire field and thats where we learned drill over the winter.

Earliest I remember going out doors was maybe late march or april.

We were usually outside by mid-March. Back then when I marched our first contest was Memorial Day Weekend in Lancaster, PA. Didn't give us much time. Usually we only had the Base Drill done w/o Guard work.

At Regiment we had an indoor fieldhouse that we would ducktape a field onto.

It held almost an entire field and thats where we learned drill over the winter.

Earliest I remember going out doors was maybe late march or april.

Yeah, I remember marching in an indoor fieldhouse with duct tape as yard markers. For us, it was in Pecatonica, IL, but I heard the place burned down several years after I aged out. In my last season, we started rehearsing outside in April.

If my memory serves me correctly it was January each year at the fieldhouse or the dome, dependent on the year and then March typically outside weather permitting.