Where did the thread on drugs in drum corps go?

Okay, I am going to bang my head into a wall.

Oh, now, don't do that ... you'll only contuse yourself. :)

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice pun. :)

Then instead of shutting down the post, then maybe the poster should have been PMed about what they said and either delete their post or edit it. It's not the mods haven't done it in the past. DCP has an thing about throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

Man talk about a days worth of PMing and gutting the crap outta that thread....

Just how many said they condone illegal substances. And post the links to "prove" their point?

Jim -

I'm unsure, but I remember seeing them, and I'm not posting links, especially if this thread has a chance of being brought back.

Man talk about a days worth of PMing and gutting the crap outta that thread....

Just how many said they condone illegal substances. And post the links to "prove" their point?

I don't think it would be an all-day affair. It usually takes one or two people. I'd say 99.9% of the posters of DCP know about illegaity of drugs and would do/say nothing to condone it.

I don't think it would be an all-day affair. It usually takes one or two people. I'd say 99.9% of the posters of DCP know about illegaity of drugs and would do/say nothing to condone it.

I'm just referring to the thread that was removed. The "pro" side made posts, there were responses to those posts, responses to those responses, etc, etc. To be fair you can't just remove the original "pro" posts without getting tied up into which "anti" responses to also remove. Especially since the "pro" posts were quoted on and on and..... <sound of another can of worms being opened>

Not to mention the responses to the respones to the the "pro" links.

Jami my apologies, it was a rethorical question to show ho wdeep that thread went. :doh: Didn't go to the links (wouldn't my employer Uncle Sam love THAT :lookaround: ) but from the responses they appeared to be promoting illegal substance use.

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

When I marched in the '70s, drugs were all over the place ... Drum Corps was reflective of society and, at that time, there was a lot of experimenting going on. I know of, at least, 3 heroin-related deaths going back to the 80s ... A couple of whom were big shots in the activity that are still publicly revered today.

Oh great.........now you gone and done it. Now this thread will be a goner too! You can't talk about illegal activity.

Now excuse me while I go get in my car and drive 85 mph.............oops I guess I shouldn't have said that.

Now excuse me while I go get in my car and drive 85 mph.............oops I guess I shouldn't have said that.

Jeff, I didn't know you had a job driving for Gov. Rendell ^0^

They don't call the Guv "Fast Eddie" for nuttin.....

Jeff, I didn't know you had a job driving for Gov. Rendell ^0^

They don't call the Guv "Fast Eddie" for nuttin.....

You know Jim........with all of the laws that Rendell has broken, you most definitely can't talk about him in here. :lookaround:

Please see the Division I corps discussions forum for a new topic dedicated to this subject, as well as a disclaimer to start the thread.

The moderation team would really like to see some honest discussion occuring on topics like this, but will not hesitate to close the thread if a few people ruin it for everyone.

Thanks.