Guard in the Movies....

So after seeing Spiderman 3 last night, I thought I would see exactly how many films we can name with colorguards in them :) The list starts with.....

- Spiderman 3, When Spidie gets the key to the city (those kids need to cover their crutchtips)

- Angus, During the film's beginning titles

- Batman Forever, there are 5 flags at the circus staged around the ring

- Varsity Blues, Several sightings at the peprally and games

- Friday Night Lights, You can spot the Permian 2003 guard at the Permian VS Lee game and the Championship game, also you can spot the 2003 Midland HS guard at the Permian VS Marshall game.

- Ferris Bueller's Day Off, There are 3 guards you can spot at the parade downtown :)

American Pie: Band Camp has a cute guard at the end of the movie. About 8-10 kids I think.. they are actually pretty good, but rumour has it that they are people who march with the Riverside Community College Marching band (AKA Fantastia winter guard).

Not real sure about movies, but there's a guard in Vanessa Carlton's "A Thousand Miles" music video. They're pretty cheesy, with these teeny little majorettes flags.

Also, in the film "The Other Sister" there's a color guard in the parade scene right after the wedding at the end.

Well if we are going into the music video caption:

"Hollaback Girl" by Gwen Stephanie - Swing flags ....way old school swing flags :)

"You Spin Me Round" by Dead or Alive - Gratuitous silk spinning by the band themselves

There is a Madonna video somewhere that has her spinng rifle. I think DCI posted the story a while back that Dave Meikle from Santa Clara Vanguard came and taught her and her backup dancers to spin rifle for a song.

Anybody seen this??

how could we not mention the films of busby berkeley[1895-1976].films like 42nd street,the golddiggers of 1935,flyin high,fashions of 1934 and cabin in the sky.

truly a genius of design and choreography.by viewing his films you can see the inspiration,similarities and beginnings of our artform.the many concepts he originated and implemented are still used in today's color guard activity.

Edited by dugg

There is a Madonna video somewhere that has her spinng rifle. I think DCI posted the story a while back that Dave Meikle from Santa Clara Vanguard came and taught her and her backup dancers to spin rifle for a song.

Anybody seen this??

I think it was Allan Dekko.