Ok so I know that VK is coming back but dci.org still doesn't have them up anywhere. Does anyone know what division they're going to march?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

at the moment they are d3 due to numbers , i just added it up , they are just under 70 i belive , i dont remember.

WAIT!!! VK is D-III?

What happened? I heard they've had thousands of people showing up to their rehearsals and were going to challenge for the World Championship...This can't be!

(sarcasm off)

counting the moments until a VK staff member replies with a nonsensical response.....

WAIT!!! VK is D-III?

What happened? I heard they've had thousands of people showing up to their rehearsals and were going to challenge for the World Championship...This can't be!

(sarcasm off)

WAIT!!! VK is D-III?

(sarcasm off)

Heh! Good one! You got 'em!

[sarcasm off]

they are doing ok for a first year drum corps. ultimately very few of the kids even read this board, prolly. (edit--I think there are some on here...heh...so be nice y'all)

But, here's hoping that they on their way...the first steps are always the toughest.

Edited by festive

i just hope they dont become another (old) impulse

And just what do you mean by that?

Not everyone elses thoughts...why would you say that?

Heh! Good one! You got 'em!

[sarcasm off]

they are doing ok for a first year drum corps. ultimately very few of the kids even read this board, prolly. (edit--I think there are some on here...heh...so be nice y'all)

But, here's hoping that they on their way...the first steps are always the toughest.

I understand that, and I hope they succeed...

However, the thunderous hype machine makes it sound like they are the greatest thing since grounded pit equipment. Now, hearing that they only have membership numbers that warrant D-III makes me seriously wonder what's really going on there. Since VK we have heard that "they're back," but "we are a totally different organization." We see postings after postings about everything they are, "doing," and read endless threads of supposedly funny, inside jokes, that really come off as juvenile and make many here scratch their collective heads and ask why do those posters feel it necessary to post obvioius inside humor that makes no sense to those out of the loop (and, while I rarely read them, I am not saying they shouldn't post...everyone is truly entitled to post, so don't even flame me on this.)...

Yes, the first steps are the hardest. However, everything VK's leadership has proclaimed since the beginning has inferred that the corps has attracted hundreds of kids, has money flowing like wine, and the DCI is seeing the next hot commodity. Now, seeing that their membership is not what they've been boasting shows me, in my opinion, that things aren't as rosey in VK land as they claim.

I don't care how many members they truly have, and I don't care what direction their leadership wants to take the corps. I do care that they are making claims that don't seem to measure up to reality. A first year corps should produce results, not boast and brag before even getting on the field. Get the kids on the field and entertain us like you say you will. Then, you shut people like me up and allow your kids to receive the accolades they truly deserve.

I understand that, and I hope they succeed...

However, the thunderous hype machine makes it sound like they are the greatest thing since grounded pit equipment. Now, hearing that they only have membership numbers that warrant D-III makes me seriously wonder what's really going on there. Since VK we have heard that "they're back," but "we are a totally different organization." We see postings after postings about everything they are, "doing," and read endless threads of supposedly funny, inside jokes, that really come off as juvenile and make many here scratch their collective heads and ask why do those posters feel it necessary to post obvioius inside humor that makes no sense to those out of the loop (and, while I rarely read them, I am not saying they shouldn't post...everyone is truly entitled to post, so don't even flame me on this.)...

Yes, the first steps are the hardest. However, everything VK's leadership has proclaimed since the beginning has inferred that the corps has attracted hundreds of kids, has money flowing like wine, and the DCI is seeing the next hot commodity. Now, seeing that their membership is not what they've been boasting shows me, in my opinion, that things aren't as rosey in VK land as they claim.

I don't care how many members they truly have, and I don't care what direction their leadership wants to take the corps. I do care that they are making claims that don't seem to measure up to reality. A first year corps should produce results, not boast and brag before even getting on the field. Get the kids on the field and entertain us like you say you will. Then, you shut people like me up and allow your kids to receive the accolades they truly deserve.

You sound personally offended by the whole "VK is Back" operation. They don't march a full corps (they never said they were going to), they don't have hundreds of kids (who said they did?), and you're mad. You take a cheap shot and make disparaging remarks.

Good for you.

I think you're looking for a story about how you've been lied to. You haven't. I don't represent the corps, but I have supported their efforts.

Perhaps chilling out might be in order? DCP doesn't belong to you. If you don't get the jokes, it doesn't mean they aren't funny. Personally, I've read some stuff on here from them that's made me laugh out loud. It beats unfair accusations from someone with questionable motives.

I don't even know why I'm responding to this post of yours.

<**> Maybe you don't actually hope they succeed. If that's the case, just say it. You say it implicitly in the rest of your post. It's mean. Better to leave well enough alone. If you think that around 70 members is a joke or something, then maybe you can do better? Or perhaps you should just let them alone...they'll do their best.

But the people at VKYAO have basically worked themselves to death to make this happen...and it's happening. And it's going to be a great summer for these members.

Feel free to fire back...about how VK has harmed you personally. Or ruined your DCP experience. I do love comedy.