Hello from South GA.!

Hi, I played tenor in the ill-fated 1980 Florida Vanguards :blush: (see my post in the Historical Drum Corps forum, topic: Florida Wave). After lurking for the past year, I'm finally "out"! :P

Welcome aboard!! I remember competing against the Florida Vanguard early in the 1979 season. The Guardsmen were also at that show.

BTW, if you're interested in getting back into the activity, since you're in Valdosta, there are a couple of all age corps in North GA, CorpsVets and Alliance. The CorpsVets are the better known corps and have been DCA Finalists for the past four years. I had a blast marching with them. In case you may be interested, here are the links:

CorpsVets

Alliance

And don't forget, there is also the DCI Atlanta show. Drum corps is alive and well in GA.

Welcome to DCP I'm north of you in Gainesville.

Thanks for the welcome, guys! EK, be glad that you're north of all this swamp fire smoke! It was really bad here this weekend, like a fog that permeates everything. We finally got some rain today, maybe that'll help control the fires.

Jd, one of my classmates from high school told me he marched guard in one of those corps, I don't remember which. If my schedule allowed, i would be interested. When I lived in ATL in 1990, I marched with the Kelly Feed & Seed Marching Abominables Band. (ever heard of them?) They are an all age community marching band based in Little Five Points. Lots of fun!

Thanks for the welcome, guys! EK, be glad that you're north of all this swamp fire smoke! It was really bad here this weekend, like a fog that permeates everything. We finally got some rain today, maybe that'll help control the fires.

Jd, one of my classmates from high school told me he marched guard in one of those corps, I don't remember which. If my schedule allowed, i would be interested. When I lived in ATL in 1990, I marched with the Kelly Feed & Seed Marching Abominables Band. (ever heard of them?) They are an all age community marching band based in Little Five Points. Lots of fun!

I remember the Marching Abominables, I thought about joining them in 91. You guys looked like you were having too much fun.

We did have fun in the Abominables! We marched in parades & played at the Botanical Gardens, Callaway Gardens, & performed for the International Olympic Commitee when ATL was being considered to host the '96 Olympics. I would like to start a band like that down here, we definitely have the talent.

If it weren't for a case of mistaken identity, I would have not even heard of CV. I had a blast when I was in the corps and definitely want to return, but finances prohibit that right now. I have friends in both CV and Alliance. Besides, if you can't be a member, be a fan like the rest of us. DCI Atlanta is a couple of months away.