Current Events Forum Closure Discussion

Discuss the closing of the Current Events Forum here.

All other threads regarding this will be merged to this one.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

during off season, it's about the only reason I come on to this site...

closing is yucky...

sure, people fight on it...but it's the exchange of ideas that makes life wonderful...

Discuss the closing of the Current Events Forum here.

All other threads regarding this will be merged to this one.

Hmmmmmmmmm, closing a current events discussion group? :rolleyes:

It's a current events discussion group! With discussion comes, good, bad, or indifferent.

Expecting an active discussion group, especially about current events, to be pristine and not at times "heated".........well, that defies human nature.

More good than harm came from this discussion group............too bad. :worthy:

this is very disappointing, and short sighted, IMO. And I don't post that much.

Although admittedly it is far easier to close it than to manage it.

But if the problem is the lack of adequate resources to moderate CE, why not ask for more help instead?

But if the problem is the lack of adequate resources to moderate CE, why not ask for more help instead?

I was thinking the same thing. Why not ask a few of the regulars to moderate instead of burdening the other moderators who are more interested in the other topics discussed on this board?

Or, charge a membership fee to those who want access. Nothing better to offset the burden than a little cash. B) That would also keep those who just come in twice a year to stir up trouble out for the most part.

Until recently (since we went to self moderation) we've not been much trouble, have we? :angel:

Until recently (since we went to self moderation) we've not been much trouble, have we? :angel:

*first off ~ what i say is my own opinion. i had no prior knowledge of this decision so anything i'm saying, despite being an admin on CGp's portion of this website, is surmising at best.*

CE may not have been much trouble until lately BUT i'm sure TPTB remember the 2004 election and could be anticipating similiar types of actions, posts, etc. in light of the upcoming 2008 election. '

that's just my thoughts on it. i have no way to know if i am right or wrong on that.

For me, this decision loses most of the stickiness of DCP. Fast.

Bluntly, I'm not that interested in reading the opinions of 15 year-old band members on the DCI front, and as I don't march seniors, I don't have any reason to be reading or debating anything on that front.

Oh well, I suppose it'll only increase the amount of time I spend doing useful things instead . B)

Edited by mobrien

CE may not have been much trouble until lately BUT i'm sure TPTB remember the 2004 election and could be anticipating similiar types of actions, posts, etc. in light of the upcoming 2008 election. '

So again, it was far easier to close it than manage it.