Current Events Forum Closure Discussion

those forums aren't quite as cut-throat and haven't had the problems that CE has had for the past years (based solely on observations... but i've been around for quite a while.)

Sex politics and religion contentious! Go figure!

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was in no way referring to the content topics when i said cut throat. i'm referring to how people act. there are ways to discuss the subjects in CE without resorting to personal attacks or "yeah but" conversations. heck, half the threads there didn't even seem to have a purpose -- just a news article, without even the word "discuss" or the author's thoughts on the topic..... sorry, but that's a news service.

go read bored or entertainment. the CE level of cut-throat personal attacks and insulting of beliefs/people isn't there. "omg, you're a lefty! i must refute every post you make" nope... don't see it.

i was in no way referring to the content topics when i said cut throat. i'm referring to how people act. there are ways to discuss the subjects in CE without resorting to personal attacks or "yeah but" conversations. heck, half the threads there didn't even seem to have a purpose -- just a news article, without even the word "discuss" or the author's thoughts on the topic..... sorry, but that's a news service.

go read bored or entertainment. the CE level of cut-throat personal attacks and insulting of beliefs/people isn't there. "omg, you're a lefty! i must refute every post you make" nope... don't see it.

You can't really compare the two - religion and politics are bound to raise the level of debate more than "what tunes are you listening to right now" threads. Agreed that it got over the top a lot of times, but at least there was some exchange of ideas and some occasional good discussion. To me, "Bored" is a bigger waste of bandwidth.

A new community has been established to continue and expand on these discussions for the DCP crew that would like to participate. This has absolutely no affiliation with or endorsement of DCP and is in no way intended to replace DCP, but to provide a complimentary outlet for the non-core discussions of DCP.

It is a VERY rough work in progress... but is functional (though extremely empty). Because it was setup so quickly, it will take another 24 hours for the domain name to be fully accessible, but you can check it out at

www.mingus.us/inmotio

Within about 24 hours, it should be accessible via www.inmotio.net

Feel free to register, poke around, contribute... whatever you like.

Any issues or questions, email admin@inmotio.net

Thanks Daniel - just signed up!

You can't really compare the two - religion and politics are bound to raise the level of debate more than "what tunes are you listening to right now" threads. Agreed that it got over the top a lot of times, but at least there was some exchange of ideas and some occasional good discussion. To me, "Bored" is a bigger waste of bandwidth.

You are entitled to your opinion.

I'm sure there are a whole community of people who would disagree with that last statement.

Jim, darling...... you forget who hangs out there. :P

You are entitled to your opinion.

I'm sure there are a whole community of people who would disagree with that last statement.

Well I have to agree with Kushy on this one. To me bored is for people who don't want to live beyond the level of mediocrity.

And what about those of us who visited both... like Liz, Mike, myself, Geoff, etc.?

Well I have to agree with Kushy on this one. To me bored is for people who don't want to live beyond the level of mediocrity.

You're "toeing the line" here, so perhaps you'll want to re-think your stance.

And what about those of us who visited both... like Liz, Mike, myself, Geoff, etc.?

we're mediocre Jami ~ face it.

we like fun, friendship, drum corps, education, politics and have no purpose in life whatsoever.