Current Events Forum Closure Discussion

This might be viewed by some as an example of why this has happened but what I find interesting is the opinion of those that are glad of this decision. Very interesting.

We could have kept the load on moderators light by having a little thicker skin and by reducing the size of your sacred cows list but apparently that wasn't possible for a small and very vocal group some of whom were very good at dishing it out but taking it... eh not so good. Yeah better to tear it down for everyone rather than leaving it standing for those that still found it entertaining and informative. Sad.

It is certainly within their rights to close the place.

:wub:

Boy you certainly hit the nail on the head! all the ones saying they are glad it's closed are the exact ones who could dish it out but couldn't take it.

They could call you all kinds of stuff and follow you around and insult your every post and then as soon as you call someone a jackass they gang up on you and cry to the mods like a little baby!!!!!!!!!!!

yea farewell ########!

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

those are the same thing to you? I would say that the first one mischaracterizes his statement entirely. you make up your own argument, in an attempt to imply whatever it is you are intending to imply. However that implication fails due the fallacy you commit by mischaracterizing his statement. You are in essence " Attacking the straw man". Its an inductive fallacy.

okay Chester. you can quit attempting to make me look stupid, because it's not working. big words don't change the fact that I know what I said. I did not commit a fallacy. I commited sarcasm to emphasize a point.

but whatever... if you like pointing out fake logical fallacies in a post made by a teenager, then be my guest.

~>conner

This might be viewed by some as an example of why this has happened but what I find interesting is the opinion of those that are glad of this decision. Very interesting.

We could have kept the load on moderators light by having a little thicker skin and by reducing the size of your sacred cows list but apparently that wasn't possible for a small and very vocal group some of whom were very good at dishing it out but taking it... eh not so good. Yeah better to tear it down for everyone rather than leaving it standing for those that still found it entertaining and informative. Sad.

It is certainly within their rights to close the place.

And to that I say MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Boy you certainly hit the nail on the head! all the ones saying they are glad it's closed are the exact ones who could dish it out but couldn't take it.

They could call you all kinds of stuff and follow you around and insult your every post and then as soon as you call someone a jackass they gang up on you and cry to the mods like a little baby!!!!!!!!!!!

yea farewell ########!

With irony as thick as this, I'm not sure I need to comment at all.. so..

yeah. :wub:

When does that bit about you leaving DCP because the CE forum is gone actually begin?

not trying to rush you out the door.. only curious is all..

Stef

Just curious, if the rationale for closing CE is that it is of dubious relevance to drum corps and services are better deployed elsewhere, why are the entertainment, bored, sports and tech forums not closing too?

A new community has been established to continue and expand on these discussions for the DCP crew that would like to participate. This has absolutely no affiliation with or endorsement of DCP and is in no way intended to replace DCP, but to provide a complimentary outlet for the non-core discussions of DCP.

It is a VERY rough work in progress... but is functional (though extremely empty). Because it was setup so quickly, it will take another 24 hours for the domain name to be fully accessible, but you can check it out at

www.mingus.us/inmotio

Within about 24 hours, it should be accessible via www.inmotio.net

Feel free to register, poke around, contribute... whatever you like.

Any issues or questions, email admin@inmotio.net

thank you Daniel. :)

A new community has been established to continue and expand on these discussions for the DCP crew that would like to participate. This has absolutely no affiliation with or endorsement of DCP and is in no way intended to replace DCP, but to provide a complimentary outlet for the non-core discussions of DCP.

It is a VERY rough work in progress... but is functional (though extremely empty). Because it was setup so quickly, it will take another 24 hours for the domain name to be fully accessible, but you can check it out at

www.mingus.us/inmotio

Within about 24 hours, it should be accessible via www.inmotio.net

Feel free to register, poke around, contribute... whatever you like.

Any issues or questions, email admin@inmotio.net

I just added a topic in the "U.S. Politics" thread:

http://mingus.us/inmotio/forums/t/7.aspx

(this new site appears to pickup formatting much easier)

Just curious, if the rationale for closing CE is that it is of dubious relevance to drum corps and services are better deployed elsewhere, why are the entertainment, bored, sports and tech forums not closing too?

those forums aren't quite as cut-throat and haven't had the problems that CE has had for the past years (based solely on observations... but i've been around for quite a while.)