Current Events Forum Closure Discussion

Well I have to agree with Kushy on this one. To me bored is for people who don't want to live beyond the level of mediocrity.

Well THAT was totally called for. <**>

Ever think that people just want a place where they can go and talk about stuff WITHOUT all the carping and bull####?

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are entitled to your opinion.

I'm sure there are a whole community of people who would disagree with that last statement.

I'm sure you are right, which is why I qualified it with "to me".

Jim, darling...... you forget who hangs out there. :P

I know - I'm sorry - you are still my buddy!

Can someone explain how these two statements are consistent?

would be better served by leaving those discussions to more specialized sites and instead concentrating more fully on the drum corps-related news, forums and other services that have made us the largest and most active independent drum corps site on the internet.
Our remaining Off-Topic discussion forums will remain open, pending any changes to the time and resources required to maintain them.

Are the other Off-Topic forums more drum corps related than CE?

we're mediocre Jami ~ face it.

we like fun, friendship, drum corps, education, politics and have no purpose in life whatsoever.

I guess I should be happy about being mediocre.

I liked reading the CE Forum. The posts there got me to think. I recognized people who had similar political leanings and their words helped me define my position on different topics. (GregGilman) (Note that I didn't say their words MADE me take one position over another.) On the flip side, reading the words of people with different opinions did broaden my perspective on several topics. (Flammaster) And for many, many more topics, the words of the people that could see & argue both sides most definitely helped me to know that I wasn't alone in this perplexing state of political limbo. (LLMM)

My hats are off to you all who are better at using your words than I am. I hope you find a good alternative for political discussions.

those forums aren't quite as cut-throat and haven't had the problems that CE has had for the past years (based solely on observations... but i've been around for quite a while.)

So then you believe the reason given for closing CE isn't the real reason?

Well THAT was totally called for. <**>

Ever think that people just want a place where they can go and talk about stuff WITHOUT all the carping and bull####?

Then do it. The rest of the site was like that. But those that do like a bit of spice are now closed down. Congrats and flowers to you.

So then you believe the reason given for closing CE isn't the real reason?

Excuse me for jumping in, but I think it is totally PC. Everyone needs to feel good. No problems in the world. Blinders work well, congrats. Many people hate Fox news too. Ooooops. I did not mean to generalize. But I bet you do don't ye? :P

You're "toeing the line" here, so perhaps you'll want to re-think your stance.

Actually toeing the line means someone has been brought into compliance. To make someone toe the line is to make them follow the rules. I think you mean to say hes coming close to crossing it. Watch your metaphors there.

Edited by Scerpella

Then do it. The rest of the site was like that. But those that do like a bit of spice are now closed down. Congrats and flowers to you.

Yes, funny how some people are acting now that they are above the typical CE discussion.