Staff Quotes

had to be there but...

27 '83 Jack Cash quad sectional working the ridiculous feature he wrote.

Jack asked each guy to try it again & again, Jack would say "no, that's not it"

everybody was getting exasperated, Jack said wildy "NO!, QUICK!... like a BUNNY!"

spontaneously I ripped it off causing Jack to jump and yell "Thats It!, Thats It!"

part ended up hosed in the end

pissah

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Hornline you gotta make love to the audience at this part, turn around and blow it in their face."

said by my son's instructor...

:sshh:

Instructor: Do you know where your spot is?

Guard member: Blank stare.

Instructor: Don't make me come down there!

He jumped off a rather large scaffolding, literally jumped and showed her where the spot was.

You had to be there.

One time the guard was in some trouble, more specifically the sabre line and the instructor was reminding us where the release point was for a triple (which is at the chest or as we would call it the ti**y ). Well as the hornline was getting water they were watching, and about the last time we repped it we stopped and it went something like this:

Instructor: Where is the release point for a triple?

Half the hornline: TI**Y!!!!!!!

"Don't suck, blow!" resulting in this...

385_image.jpg

Various Renegade staff members but I believe Chris may have the rights on it.

Ah, San Francisco...

TH: I want everyone in this form to march hips forwards

Me: Sir, that would require me to slide over 100 degrees (I was moving backfield a significant amount)

TH: Figure it out (I did, and it hurt a lot until they changed the drill)

TH: Okay, can everyone make it there in 16

Members: Barely

TH: Alright...do it in 12

Gotta love TH!

It wouldn't be a staff quote thread without the stylings of John Brazale, the late great drill designer for Phantom Regiment!

“Bob! Bob! You speak idiot! Get over there and tell the contras to get off the #### short bus and march!”

“Color guard! That was about as graceful as a door!”

“Contras! Are you on drugs? Would getting some help?”

“And if you slip and fall…ROLL THE HELL OUT OF MY DRILL God#### it!”

“Hey you! Guy with the hat! NO! The other guy with the hat! NO #### IT! That guy with the hat!”

“Sopranos, I'm going to lose my wonderful personality in about 2 seconds."

“AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! Mellophones! You sucksucksucksuckSUCK!”

You forgot the RIP.

i had the privlage to work with mr.williams last camp , man is the ####

Camp? Have a fun summer.

Sly Sybilsky at DCM after Blue Devils were announced second place and Phantom won the show (both of which were undefeated up until that point and Blue Devils had the West Coast inflation thing going on).

Sly: Welcome to the Midwest Blue Devils! (shouted in the stands)

Elmo Blatch

Ha-ha!

Bill Watson: "Thanks for marching." I cannot recreate the emotion or the sincerity Bill said this with. Pulled me aside the day of finals (which we missed) and said just that. Fists on hips, kind of looking off to the side in the distance, frustrated look on his face. I have to ask him sometime what was going through his mind right then. But I always appreciated his comment.

Bill Peterson (sp?): Any time he did sports report--especially everybody's favorite NASCAR driver, DICK TRICKLE! Not a made-up name. I hope Dick isn't a bad word to the censorship police.

Mike/Jesus at SkyRyders: We get a half-off day and Mike gets sloshed. Buses pull over for him to empty his stomach on the side of the road. Horn captain says the next day, "If he starts in on us, I'm walking off the field." He was strangely quiet that day. I suspect that if he spoke his head would have reverberated the echoes for about three hours--wanted to avoid that pain.

Tony Hall: After half of the summer putting up with a none-too-appreciated nickname, TH deems me Stretch one day. Remarkably original. Being from Texas I kind of expected Too-Tall or some such.

Dan Farrell: "Baritones--let's take a walk." Only one walk that summer. The Summer of Doug Rutherford. Pretty tame on the Dan side of things.

I've got to tell you guys, I'm off work today with a whale of a sinus infection--body aches, the whole thing. I don't appreciate your sense of humor just now--ouch! ROFLMAO!!

"ok tenors, for this next rep i want you to bring that lick down one dynamic."

(line completes rep)

"all right tenors, this time make sure the innerbeats are a very conservative 3in, and the accents dont go above 6."

(line completes rep)

"good job guys, but hey tenors, for this rep, just play the accents, and think about the innerbeats."

(line completes rep)

"all right very nice, now this time just play the part in your head and hear how it lines up with the ensemble"

(line completes rep)

"ok good, lets try that one more time for consistancy"

(line completes rep)

"all right tenors, good change... its in." (walks away)

HA! I like this...

Instructor: <name removed>, is that your spot?

Member: Yes, it is.

Instructor: No it isn't, you're <coordinates forgotten>.

Member: Yeah, I'm right.

Instructor: No, you are not.

Member: Yeah, I am.

Corps: <begins pushups>

Member: <begins to go down for 'shups>

Instructor: No no <member>, no 'shups for you now. You get to see me after practice. We'll have fun. And oh yeah, don't ever do that again.

Had Frank Williams on the road with us in '95 and he left one weekend and told us that we had better not suck while he was gone or he was gonna kick the s**t out of us when he got back.

And he promptly did!

Dan Farrell: "Baritones--let's take a walk." Only one walk that summer. The Summer of Doug Rutherford. Pretty tame on the Dan side of things.

Now that Dan is more on the administrative side of things, we only got to treck with him once in 03. Because he waited until mid-July or so, we were all in really good shape and had a lot of fun learning old school methods for playing loud. I still use Fat Momma with high school lines I work with.

Edited by raphael18

i'm not going to mention the corps as this person is no longer envolved. but we were practicing in downtown philadelphia, we of course had been given the speech about representing the corps well. then came the last practice run through before that evenings show. then at the end over the loud speaker we get the recap from the program coordinator. Brass needs to watch this and that, same for percussion, and finally GUARD!!!!! for tonight do you think you might be able to hold on to the f%$king equipment!!!!!

Guard can you hold on to the f#@king equipment became my favorite staff quote of the year.