Attention DCI

Making it free of charge would be pretty sweet, too.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I've been thinking about getting Season Pass for the year (or just the summer)...

Is it really worth it? For instance, will I be able to see any shows before the Atlanta Regional? I'd love to already know what I'm looking at and listening to by then.

I'm leaning towards getting it, but I'm still not 100% sure.

So I've been thinking about getting Season Pass for the year (or just the summer)...

Is it really worth it? For instance, will I be able to see any shows before the Atlanta Regional? I'd love to already know what I'm looking at and listening to by then.

I'm leaning towards getting it, but I'm still not 100% sure.

Get it for the summer. Then you'll be happy, then have some complaints of what's not there yet, then say "that's definitely better than not having it." I think everyone goes through it. I've yet to hear someone say $39 wasn't well spent...

Then what you really want is a camera that follows ME around, as I'm responsible for cooking Brandt's meals, opening his mail, conveying his thoughts to Dan, working with him on diction and feeding his dog. I do it because I'm just proud to be allowed to talk with him. Well, actually, I'm not really allowed to talk with him, but he once said, "Be sure to catch those scuff marks on the uppers of the left shoe" while I was polishing his foot apparel.

I'd watch that!

Dare I admit that I also like to use my Brandt Crocker voice when I'm calling the kids in for dinner? Are you ready to take your seats? (We laugh but we're probably the only ones) :blink:

I would like to be able to watch the streaming shows fully for a day or two. Not everyone is home to sit down for three hours on a friday/saturday night and watch the show. Better support is needed during the show if stuff doesn't work, which happened often. The $40 price for the summer is adequate, but I still don't see the need to pay for an entire year. I like how you can stream the entire show audio without having to buy it right away. APD's should be $0.99 for subscribers! Finally, if clips are going to be posted, I'd like to see the entire show over the course of the year instead of 3 clips in a row from the same 2 minutes.

In regards to a "reality show" concept...how about following around a given corps for a week each week of the season?

I too would love to see that. I think people are interested in seeing ANY corps, not only the one their child is in, or their allegiance is the closest to, just because it's fun and interesting to see "a day in the life" in any aspect of this activity. Every corps has their own sort of "story to tell". And if not for an entire week, how about even just a day or two?

Now, my question for you is, what do you think of the idea of including victory concerts as APDs? That's my favorite part to record, and invariably those recordings turn out by far the best - but usually nothing comes of them.

I too would love to hear the Victory concerts as APDs, and video clips as well. And when there are two corps playing together, and you see the members intermixed with each other, that adds a hugely positive emotional impact to the evening. The activity of drum corps makes the world a much smaller place - those kinds of events make it even smaller.

I would like to see DCI change the way corps are scored. And I don't have the remedy either, even though I think about this subject all the time. I used to watch D&B Corps when it was a bugle. And I'm not saying to go back to that, or the old military block style with concert formation and all. However, the way scoring was back then put more emphasis on the members M&M and not #### near everything on the designers. This is when your corps was hot if your score was in the 80's, imagine that. There needs to be a way to increase exposure (like make everything judgable by a group of field judges, who give or take points) rather than cut exposure. Pretty soon it won't matter what's done on the field as long as the musicians can blow the house down and the designs look good from the box. Scoring has evolved, and so has the finished product, which I still enjoy. But somehow I believe the system has to change back to a burden carried more by the Corps member's individual M&M from a designer abilty to keep a corps out of trouble with nice designs.

Lastly, all that I wrote above is in addition to the fact that the sound quality and articulation must still be the best possible and scored so.

Does anybody else think like me or am I a loner on this one?