The Glassmen

apparently not, I was still recovering from all the unis they sported from 92-96,

Don't you mean 1992 and 1993?

Believe me, I know. I marched those 5 years.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thread title made me feel old. :P

Anyway, dittos to the comment about the 92-96 unis...psychedelic easter bunny puke.

Argh...For the record:

1992-1993

1993.jpg

1994-1996

1994p101.jpg

Where have all the Falvies gone? :)

(a rhetorical question)

I think part of it is that the activity as a whole caught up with them - couple that with a less successful 2000 show and you have their current state. They are a good corps, one of my personal favorites (even through hte boring years).

Oh, it was only for 2 years. My mistake. :ph34r: For the record, also, 92-96 weren't a whole lot better.

You really want me to hate you, don't you?

^0^

Where have all the Falvies gone? :)

(a rhetorical question)

Great, now I can't get Paula Cole out of my head...

Lee Beddis has that effect any where he does. Glassman 1998 and 1999 were fantastic years for them throughout each section.

A good amount of that credit also belongs with the techs we had. They were the ones beating us senseless at camps and on tour every day.

Props to Frank Chapple, JJ Pipitone, Al Dunn, Becky Speckman, Sara Helmuth, Mendel Lee, and Rob Meisner for everything they did for us that summer.

You really want me to hate you, don't you?

^0^

Haha, I'm just messing. I really do love the Gmen, and their 93 show is one of my favorites from that year. Between the freaky colors and the giant G, those unis just didn't quite work for me, though. Were those 92/93 unis as uncomfortable as they look? Looks like they're made of vinyl. Ug.

Oh wait, I just noticed that I said 92-96 again. I meant 94-96. Wow, I'm dim tonight.

Heh.... I love the title of this thread...."The Glassmen.... back in the day"

1998, 1999 = "back in the day"

NOW I feel REAL old. :P

In 1999, I worked the DCI show in Cumberland, MD.... the Glassmen won the show that night. When their pit was setting up for the corps' encore, I mentioned to a few of the performers that I had competed against their corps when I marched in junior corps..... at the Key to the Sea show in 1974, when the Glassmen were a Class A unit (Class A was the forerunner of Div. 2/3).

They kinda looked at me like they were a bit puzzled/amused.... then I realized, none of them were even BORN in 1974!!!!!!! :)

Fran

Heh.... I love the title of this thread...."The Glassmen.... back in the day"

1998, 1999 = "back in the day"

NOW I feel REAL old. :P

yeah, I started feeling old realizing that next year is the 10 year anniversary of the year I marched. Now to refer to it as "back in the day" (which is always happened on a Wednesday for you Dane Cook fans) makes it seem even longer.