Indianapolis 500 Parade with the Glassmen

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned it on here but I just learned today that the Glassmen are scheduled to take part in the Indianapolis 500 Parade on Saturday. I don't know exactly what time but ESPN2 is supposed to be carrying the parade at some point during the day.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, the Indy parade. What great memories that brings back. That parade pretty much kicked off our move-in. Star Alumni won the competition in '04 (for whatever that's worth). The Ohio State Band kept coming over while we were warming up wondering "who the heck are these old folks in the pink shirts? They're pretty loud!" Maybe someday they'll allow 160 member hornlines in DCI ;) Nick Angelis and the drumline put on a nice little show for 'em too.

Edited by Medeabrass

I'll be marching with the Purdue All-American marching band Saturday and Sunday. It'll be my first time doing it...I'm glad it's going to cool down at least. Rain doesn't matter, we've got these awesome smelly old raincoats that have been in these pouches since the last time we had to wear them and probably haven't been aired out or anything.

But yeah, the parade should be fun. The AAMB is supposed to lead the parade this year and I heard the parade is supposed to air on ESPN2 and Indy's Wish TV sometime Saturday evening.

there are supposed to be thunderstorms too.

that's going to be a fun one for them

Meh....they've done monsoons before...was it Allentown where it was coming down on them like teh Great Flood a couple of years back??

I'll be marching with the Purdue All-American marching band Saturday and Sunday. It'll be my first time doing it...I'm glad it's going to cool down at least. Rain doesn't matter, we've got these awesome smelly old raincoats that have been in these pouches since the last time we had to wear them and probably haven't been aired out or anything.

But yeah, the parade should be fun. The AAMB is supposed to lead the parade this year and I heard the parade is supposed to air on ESPN2 and Indy's Wish TV sometime Saturday evening.

Ahhh I love that huge bass drum....and the arrangement of Taps played every year at the 500.....super! One of my favorite parts of raceday. :ph34r:

#### the world's least efficient drum, a true product of Purdue engineering.

<-------- IU grad.

<-------- IU grad.

:ph34r:

As a fellow IU grad, I'm more or less obligated to wish death and destruction on the World's Second Largest Bass Drum (Texas' is bigger- naturally).

I remember going to the race and watching them drive that #### thing around in the back of a pickup and praying that they'd hit a bump and it would fall out of the truck and that would be the end of that monstrosity.

<-------- IU grad.

hmm.

Efficiency in this case is extremely subjective. The drum is a mostly about philosophy, not science.

The "world's largest" drum is just a part of Purdue tradition, and it isn't subject to efficiency studies and or metrics.

<--- Purdue Grad.

b**bs

Hail Purdue and Go Boilers.

Edited by gcsbaribc