Indianapolis 500 Parade with the Glassmen

Man that parade brings back lots of memories. That was always the day for breaking in the summer show shoes as well as dodging horse droppings.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blue Stars and Glassmen both in Indianapolis this weekend, eh? Maybe we can go old school and have a Memorial Day weekend season preview show.

Blue Stars and Glassmen both in Indianapolis this weekend, eh? Maybe we can go old school and have a Memorial Day weekend season preview show.

Well, you CAN catch the GLASSMEN on Sunday afternoon at their spring Showcase at the Maumee Performing Arts Center.

The details that I have for the 500 parade is that the GLASSMEN are leading it. My local cable shows it starting on ESPN2 @ 5:30 (EDT). I'll hopefully be in Maumee by then.

It was worse at DCA '06 Rochester. WAY WORSE! At least in Allentown it wasn't nearly as cold.

Really? I guess once we hit the field and started performing I kinda forgot how heavy the rain was...same thing happened in 87 (ironically, at Allentown!)

The show clkip of Glassmen I remember from that show sure made it seem like the raindrops were the size of semi trucks!

It was worse at DCA '06 Rochester. WAY WORSE! At least in Allentown it wasn't nearly as cold.

Having been in the audience at both...it rained much harder on Glassmen at Allentown in '04, but only briefly. They wound up stopping the show due to lightning in the area and clearing the stadium for nearly an hour. DCA prelims '06 was just a lot of rain, all day, with temps near 50 and a strong wind that didn't help matters.

Edited by smj02

Having been in the audience at both...it rained much harder on Glassmen at Allentown in '04, but only briefly. They wound up stopping the show due to lightning in the area and clearing the stadium for nearly an hour.

That was my favorite performance ever!! :ph34r:

The rain looked lots heavier that at DCA last year....hopefully it wasn't as cold!!

I don't know about heavier but it just...wouldn't...stop!

Indy 500 Parade....

That was a wicked long parade. I hated it.... I actually enjoyed watching star warmup, so that's all good.