Indianapolis 500 Parade with the Glassmen

Indy 500 Parade....

That was a wicked long parade. I hated it.... I actually enjoyed watching star warmup, so that's all good.

Are you talking about the alumni in '04? Do you go to OSU?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marched in that parade last year.

Ugh........HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT.

There are actually 2 parades. One is a special festival parade with floats and such. The other one is just all the marching bands marching ALL the way around the Indy 500 track. Marching on the track was cool and all, but there was probably 10 people for every 100 feet you marched. Not very rewarding.

Not sure whether Glassmen are doing both...Great experience though; killed my ears when the race started B)

#### the world's least efficient drum, a true product of Purdue engineering.

<-------- IU grad.

<**>

<-------- Purdue Grad.

(Go Businessmakers!) :P

Edited by stockman365

Are you talking about the alumni in '04? Do you go to OSU?

LOL. I'm talking about 1987.... Sorry... I marched that parade waaaaaaaaaaaaaay back then, in high school.

We had two people from my school marching with Star that year. They had to choose between marching the long parade with our H.S. Band or marching the long parade with Star.... They both chose Star...

I went over to watch them warmup for a couple minutes, and Star was so awsome! Oh, and I did go to OSU... 17 years ago. I moved out West and finished school there though.

Edited by jjeffeory

I'll be marching with the Purdue All-American marching band Saturday and Sunday. It'll be my first time doing it...I'm glad it's going to cool down at least. Rain doesn't matter, we've got these awesome smelly old raincoats that have been in these pouches since the last time we had to wear them and probably haven't been aired out or anything.

But yeah, the parade should be fun. The AAMB is supposed to lead the parade this year and I heard the parade is supposed to air on ESPN2 and Indy's Wish TV sometime Saturday evening.

Wow. You Purdue folks haven't changed much since I was at IU - always whining about something. ;)

(All in good friendly rivalry fun....)

LOL. I'm talking about 1987.... Sorry... I marched that parade waaaaaaaaaaaaaay back then, in high school.

We had two people from my school marching with Star that year. They had to choose between marching the long parade with our H.S. Band or marching the long parade with Star.... They both chose Star...

I went over to watch them warmup for a couple minutes, and Star was so awsome! Oh, and I did go to OSU... 17 years ago. I moved out West and finished school there though.

Hey, thanks for the compliment on 87 Star. We don't hear enough of that!!!

What were your friends name who marched in 87?

Tony Taylor

I was looking at pictures of the 85 Star in the Indy parade prior to the parade with the Alumni. That 85 corps was young - probably the youngest median age of all the Star corps - and it looked like a bunch of little kids (in their spiffy new pink unis) during the 85 parade. A decidedly different look to the, er, slighly more "advanced age" of the Alumni corps.

Fun both times, however. :ph34r:

Cheers!

Karen

I was looking at pictures of the 85 Star in the Indy parade prior to the parade with the Alumni. That 85 corps was young - probably the youngest median age of all the Star corps - and it looked like a bunch of little kids (in their spiffy new pink unis) during the 85 parade. A decidedly different look to the, er, slighly more "advanced age" of the Alumni corps.

Fun both times, however. :ph34r:

Cheers!

Karen

Heh....find teh BD/SCV alum video at Pavillion this month and you'll see the same thing....at least my big gut won't stand out too much come June and August!

And Starmello....I love the 87 show!! Opening fanfare was great (I used it on my answering machine for a time), and the rest of teh show was a hoot!