BD Soloists

FlankinIt

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BD soprano soloist are Legend, Larrie Dastrup being one of my favorites. But my attention goes to the underlooked baritone soloist. Eric Shadine (spelling?) was the baritone in the 83 duet for Everyone Love the Blues. Although a duet, he was the inspiration for the phrasing and the style of that tune.

Dugada

I rather liked the bari soloist from One More Time that year...Tony Signorelli...maybe that's just because we share a last name (and his first name is also that of my older brother...we're PROBABLY distantly related)

I remember the time he came to brass practice in '84...walks in the door...looks at the sop line...makes a bee-line for me and says "So YOU'RE the other Signorelli!"

One of my best memories from a practice!

2002 was the first time I've REALLY been impressed.......heck, just BEEN impressed (not even really) with any BD soloists since '93. Roland (I think) in '94 was close, but didn't have the material available to whail like those guys did. IMO

• 2 weeks later...

I have many favorite Bd solos. But on the top of my list are the 2002 wailin part towards the middle of the show ..... man that was high!!!!! Alson in 96 the bariton and trumpet (i think) duo in the ballad. That baritone player sounds so good. I believe his name is Joe Fussell, and he won individual for baritone. And in 97.... the soprano soloist in Harlem nocturne is insane!!!