Blue Devils Concord Pavillion Concert!

I know this may be a little late, but I finally heard the Blue Devils Concord Pavilion performance and I have to say, it was awesome!

BD Is The New Star! Amazing!

Dig it!

:blink:

Edited by LeastLikely

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is BD the new Star?

They certainly don't sound alike.

[/quo

Have you heard the new recording...check out Blue view episode 2!

And I'll give you a 2nd reason; Star = Awesome

BD = Awesome..er! :blink:

I was at the Pavilion concert .... to me it was rather flat and didnt do anything for me ... last night I saw Vanguard ... I was much more entertianed and impressed by there music / hornline

BD doens't need to be the new star...they are BD - that's good enough! :)

I agree! Saying that any corps is like star is saying that Bush is like Saddam (WELL you get the point)! Star came out so quick and pushed to the top. I would have liked to see them out longer. But I would disagree with BD ever closely sounding like star. they bothh have their own sounds.

B) Hey dude, what exactly was BD's horn placement the last two years??? They got beat by the Bluecoats for crying out loud...the Bluecoats from CANTON OHIO!?!?!? WTF?!?!? Star sounds like a step up to me...sounds like a winner!!!!!

I was at the Pavilion concert .... to me it was rather flat and didnt do anything for me ... last night I saw Vanguard ... I was much more entertianed and impressed by there music / hornline

Same here. All loud, kinda choppy, The corps wasn't expressive or clean at all yet.

I saw Vanguard on Sunday night. Brass is BEAUTIFUL, well balanced, and right in tune. Percussion is nice and solid clean already, plus cranking out some insane parts. A couple small sections still need somw individual work, but I'm confident they'll be cleaned up nice and tidy by the end of the week. The visual is coming along strong as well.

It will be interesting to see how the year shapes up...

B) Hey dude, what exactly was BD's horn placement the last two years??? They got beat by the Bluecoats for crying out loud...the Bluecoats from CANTON OHIO!?!?!? WTF?!?!? Star sounds like a step up to me...sounds like a winner!!!!!

Why is that such a surprise, bluecoats have been known for their brass sections for years. until the recent surge in percussion, bluecoats brass is what gave them their name and respect in the DCI organization

Why is that such a surprise, bluecoats have been known for their brass sections for years. until the recent surge in percussion, bluecoats brass is what gave them their name and respect in the DCI organization

Respect this son:

BD Is The New Star!

Dig it!

Again!