NY Skyliners to go Inactive

I am so sorry to hear that.

Jimbalaya

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For Immediate Release:

The New York Skyliners have announced that they will not field a competitive corps this summer, but will compete as a Mini-Corps at the DCA Championships over Labor Day Weekend.

The corps invites anyone who is interested in performing with the NY Skyliners' Mini-Corps (brass with a small drumline/drum set player) to send an email to Harry Eldridge, Sr. at skydirector07@verizon.net by July 1st. The email should contain your name, phone/cell number, email address, and information about what instrument you play. Please include alternates as appropriate (such as Soprano 1/Mellophone 1 for example.) Once the line is set, you will receive music and MIDI files from the Skyliners and we will be in touch.

Rehearsals for the mini-corps start on Sunday, July 8th. They will be held every other Sunday in July and every Sunday in August. The rehearsal dates are July 8th and 22nd; August 5th, 12th, 19th, and 26th from 10:00am until 4:00pm at the Dover American Legion Post #27, 2 Legion PLace in Dover, NJ. Currently the plan is to compete at the mini-corps competition on Friday, August 31st in Rochester, NY. However, the mini-corps may accept offers to perform in August prior to Finals weekend. This will depend upon members' schedules.

For those who considered coming down to the Skyliners, who were on the fence, or who are still looking for a competitive, entertaining, and fun DCA experience - check your calendar! Contact us ASAP, spend a few Sundays playing with us, and join the New York Skyliners Mini-Corps as they take the stage in Rochester!

God speed SKY, make your next move your very best move and remember HY, Butch and Winkie got your back!

:(

And somewhere just down the road, cheers are ringing out, I'm sure.

Mission accomplished.

Who let that elephant into the room?

Who let that elephant into the room?

It's been in the room for quite some time. Some were ignoring it, others were denying it's actual existence. <**>

It's been in the room for quite some time. Some were ignoring it, others were denying it's actual existence. <**>
While others say, "if it looks like a duck, waddles like a duck and quacks like a duck...well then, it must BE a duck!!"

So I gathered. I was just pointing out that it was only a matter of time before that particular bone of contention reared its ugly head one more time (and will eventually lead to this thread being closed).

We all seem to know about the elephant and I say we don't mention it anymore in this thread. There is no sense bringing the Skyliners' name into it again as they are obviously the victim here. Maybe it's time for us to confront the problem ourselves in person. I confronted it earlier in the year and was given a twisted answer.

I wish the Skyliners the best of luck. Take the time you need this year and get ready for a magnificent return in 2008! Good luck in Rochester! :)

Playing the blame game, and making ASSumptions are not going to help, but not surprising. We now live in a "its not my fault" society.